Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Good to hear Starty farty party.

Yes, only my thoughts can sabotage me. My interpretation of events and reality. But i'm onto myself! Working to maintain an inner balance and some sort of peace and contentment is what i go for daily. I think positive always, and am not afraid to look at the depressing and negative also, as they are a part of this existence. Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

A cool saturday morning in Rio. Forecast is sunny and 24c. Right on.

Must be day 270! Is that 9 months yet?! Things have quietened down a little on the chica front here. Some interested parties, but when i tell them i'm leaving in a couple of days, no cigar buddy. Fair enough too. Sheesh, if a fella was to actually live here, maybe teach english to survive, there is no shortage of beautiful women with an eye for a gringo. Rio is a vibrant city, full of colour and contradiction. Corruption and kindness. Connection and isolation. many homeless folk sleeping on the street, in parks, on shop doorsteps. 6 million people but it doesn't feel crowded. Then there is the rest of the country, the northern beaches and jungle which i haven't seen yet. i will be back. In the meantime i'll enjoy what today brings whatever that is. ODAT. Git some self lovin in today pilgrim.

Let's git it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Top of the morning from the beach pad in sunny Rio. 22C now, top of 25C. Beautiful.

There will be many G strings and ASS on the beach today. G strings seem to be compulsory beach wear for the ladies round here. Noice.

Day 270 today according to the calculator. That's 8 months 28 days! Super legal as they say in Portugese. Beach today, making music on the street tonight. Need some mosquito spray for the Amazon jungle tomorrow. That'll no doubt be an eye opener.

Gotta keep my inner emotional balance together for the next couple of weeks. I'm spending a week in chile with a chica i'm fond of. She's keen, but also unsure in some ways of getting too involved. She's happy to hangout with me as friends though, so we can only know what the deal is when we meet. I'll let her lead the way. I'm just gonna try to stay cool, have fun, and expect nothing. I've gotta be careful with affairs of the heart, and realistic.

Have a rippa out there.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

I'm enjoying the travelogue, G! 9 months!

Comment

Thanks Mr V!

Day 271 but who, i say who's counting?!

Off to the Amazon in a couple of hours, so internet connection might be patchy or non existent. Will check in when i can. Got mosquito spray which they tell me i'm gonna need. hard to know what to expect. Forecast is 30c and thunderstorms, so probably muddy and wet, and warm.

Let's dive in and git it!

Comment

Keep going G! Keep going! ❤️
            AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Hiya Jane! :heartbeat: Thanks. great to see you. Hope you're going good.

Back in Rio last night after 4 days in the Amazon. It was a good little expedition, and i learned some great things. A bit of critter interaction too. :welcome:

Holy crossdressing cardinals, the 9 month mark has been and gone. Wowza! The waters have been fairly calm re AL, but life still happens don't it? Emotional stability has had a couple of little workouts in the last year (romances!) to be sure, and i'll be diving in again head first tonight in Chile. lol. The only possible way for me to go during all of this is with a positive attitude and to keep a grip on reality and what actually IS. No matter the outcome i will have fun. If this bird gives me a firm noooo G man, i'm not doing the romance thing with you, then no worries. I'm ready for that even though my heart will take a little hit. The reality is i'm having a bloody great time, and meeting wonderful people and women like this one, so i have to be happy with, and remember this simple fact.

1 st june here. Must be day 275! Yeeeeeahh! Let's fkn git it pilgrim!
              Last edited by Guitarista; June 1, 2018, 05:16 AM.

Comment

G, I'm really enjoying reading about your adventures. You enjoy every single moment with your positive attitude. So far, this trip is a resounding success. Thank you for sharing your experiences with all of us.
                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Hey G-man, you get lost over there??
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hola everyone.

Yep, almost AB! Back home now. Rough last few days adjusting to time zones, not much sleep and romance gone wrong with the chilean! It's ok though. We're still friends. I am a little heartbroken, but no-one's to blame and that's how the damn cookie crumbled.

Take it easy out there. All ok here.
                    Last edited by Guitarista; June 5, 2018, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Hey, G-man! Glad you got home safely.. I'm sorry to hear about the woman. She definitely could have been more up front with you with regards to the new boyfriend... I think it's good you went to check out the situation. It isn't SO often that we feel a connection with others, so it's worth it to give some effort. It's painful when it doesn't work out.. but the alternative? Not trying? I'm convinced, 100% sure, that you're going to meet up with the Lady who's ready and open to be with the awesome G-Man you are.. Please don't stay away from here for too long!xx

Comment

G man.....want to see some pics please?

Comment

Top of the saturday morning from the beach pad.

Thanks LC for your as usual insightful and kind words. Yo Jude! Yep, some pics are way overdue. I'll git onto it.

Well it's been a rough few days here i gotta say. My sleep has been all over the place as the body clock adjusts not to mention my penchant, i say tendency for overthinking! BUT. I can report that i slept well last night and feeling much better and rested this morning. A run is in order today to stretch the joints and get some fresh air on the skin. then a dip in the cold bay to wash away the dust and rejuvenate the soul and spirit.

Have a gr8 weekend everyone.

Comment

Ok, let's try some pics.

A gig in Rio IMG_0641.jpg

The tools IMG_0639.jpg

Sugarloaf mountain in Rio from the cable car IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Guitarista; June 8, 2018, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Hello my friend and welcome back I have absolutely loved your adventure.

LC has such wise words. :heartbeat: One day, when you least expect it, it is going to happen and then you will say to yourself - 'Oh, now I understand why I had to wait' :hug:
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thank you for posting the pictures, G!!!! Beautiful.. I loved seeing the guitar with the speaker and imagining you singing there. And glad to hear you're feeling better and back on your feet. That kind of jet lag's a killer.. not to mention the overthinking! ha! I hear ya...:happy2:

Comment

Working...
                                X