Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
    Okay you down-under folk, just wondering where y'all hang your hat? Our oldest daughter is in the Sunshine Coast, Queensland for the next couple of weeks teaching a Circle Way practicum.
    Your daughter's picked a lovely place to visit, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. I lived on the Sunny Coast for about 12 years (G2 was born there), but now I'm about an hour's drive south in Brisbane.
    Last edited by Glass Half Empty; July 15, 2018, 06:20 AM.
    There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
    You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Amanda mentioned about being in Brisbane [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION], but I'm not sure if it was just the airport she was flying into. I think I found exactly where she's doing the practicum THE CIRCLE WAY AUSTRALIA - PRACTICUM
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post
        @Guitarista @byebyebridgetjones - I always wondered why you two didn't hook up. I mean you've know each other for ages and you do live in the same country. There always was a definite liking for one another and you have the same sense of humour. You're both free spirits so know enough to give each other space. Hm - a MWO romantic liason. That's what we need and you two could be it!
        I asked him to get married by an Elvis in one of those Vegas churches, just wake up one morning with a wedding ring on, but then we both gave up drinking......
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
          Amanda mentioned about being in Brisbane @Glass Half Empty, but I'm not sure if it was just the airport she was flying into. I think I found exactly where she's doing the practicum THE CIRCLE WAY AUSTRALIA - PRACTICUM
          Looks amazing ABC. I'm on another state but Queensland is lovely. She will enjoy it I think.
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
            I asked him to get married by an Elvis in one of those Vegas churches, just wake up one morning with a wedding ring on, but then we both gave up drinking......
            So if you'd stayed drinking it might have happened?? Actually, younger son's Godfather and wife got married in Vegas. They were there on holidays and after living together for some years just decided to go for it. You'd never guess it by looking at them. They look very traditional. Always makes me smile to think of them in a Vegas wedding chapel!
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Good morning good morning.

Ah, women are such flighty creatures! Getting married in Vegas would eliminate a few headaches re the expense of a wedding i reckon. I imagine you'd save thousands that could be spent on kids education, holidays, guitars.......In work today i am. AB, in todays job i facilitate a couple of groups throughout the day. We sit in a circle always as it happens. Not deliberately or by design, It just feels better that way. Nice to see ya Stirly whirly.

How are you going today Bridgee?

In other news, i did a little tinkering yesterday fixing a wheelbarrow tyre. Great feeling to get my hands dirty again and get a simple job done for a friend. Plenty of tinkering left to do on my bike in preparation for summer this year. I forgot how such simple tasks working with your hands can feel so good. Keeping it simple whilst taking action is this weeks mantra.

Let's git it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

So if you'd stayed drinking it might have happened?? Actually, younger son's Godfather and wife got married in Vegas. They were there on holidays and after living together for some years just decided to go for it. You'd never guess it by looking at them. They look very traditional. Always makes me smile to think of them in a Vegas wedding chapel!
                A dope over here & her partner got pissed & got married in Vagas. She was taken to court to pay back the e30,000 in 'lone parenting' allowance.
                Claimed she forgot and then thought it was not legal - just a laugh .......

Comment

:love:
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Good thanks G string. Sore as from gardening, but that's a great sore as we know.
                    Are you still in the batchelor pad? Catch me up.
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                      A dope over here & her partner got pissed & got married in Vagas. She was taken to court to pay back the e30,000 in 'lone parenting' allowance.
                      Claimed she forgot and then thought it was not legal - just a laugh .......
                      See Mr G? We've missed out on so much...
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Yep Jonesy, still at the bachelor beach pad. Things are cruisey here. However, if/when i shack up with some sheila, i'll revise my living arrangements.

Yeah, missing out on all those good times/fake empty laughter and bills boozing brings. You're still sinking your hands into the earth. Excellent!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Top of the morning pilgrims.

In work today i am he is. The feeling is quite alright here i must say. The road ahead is wide, wide open, exciting, and inviting. Sure, we have setbacks. We can't and shouldn't expect to get over them real quick. For me i see that i'm best going through them, and looking at any setbacks square in the eye for a little examination. - e.g. who are you setback? Where did u come from? staying long? What's the craic here? Where do i sit within all of this? etc, etc. A bit of self reflection and checking in on oneself.

Date tonight. A damn fine woman, one of them decent sorts in all ways. however, i just enjoy her company and not really interested in a long term thing. My loss no doubt, but tonight i will go with the flow and enjoy her glorious company and give her plenty of lovin and attention. because pilgrim, we only have this moment.

Let's git it!

Comment

Good for you buddy. Straight back up on that horse. Giddy-up!

Are you still doing the same kind of work Mr G?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Top of the thursdee morning to ya pilgrims.

Yep, pretty much the same kind of work Jonesy. Must say, i still like it a lot. The trick to remaining enthusiastic about my day gig is not to work too often. lol. So i don't. Just some regular part time hours which suits me great for now. I can still pocket a few bucks and have time to strum me geetar and run on the beach. A holistic approach if u will.

Damn windy 'round these parts this morning and the last few days. Surfs up baby! So is my toupee, but the extra strength rubber cement adhesive i applied last week helps the thing defy the laws of physics and stay safely secured on my scone. People are always stopping me in the street commenting on how real it looks. As with being a non drinker and after some speed yoga of a morning, I stand that little bit taller.

Sadhana done and dusted.

Have a beaut day out there, especially you Ms. Jones.

Comment

Good-O, well how did your date go then?
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X