Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
    We like the Hispanic ladies, don't we? Lovely exotic beauties they are. I think I'm very understanding of your extra curriculars given that we are betrothed. What a millenial woman I am.
    Yes, we like the latin ladies. You haven't exactly been available have you? Off galivanting around on various gardening forums flirting with the likes of Regenronnie69 and with Dapperdandeclutters02 over on the homewares forum. But i forgive you of course dear. So i've booked a tour of Sth america for our honeymoon.

How are you going Missus?

G'day Aaron! Welcome friend. How are things?

Must be Day 158. In work today dammit. Lucky i like my job. Another good gig on the weekend. Always nice to play, especially every week in a live gig setting where people for some strange reason actually listen and clap. Golly gosh, they even pay us. I'll enjoy that while it lasts because nothing is permanent and things will change. Just like worry and stress. Highly overrated and they do shift. When they shift like the clouds in the sky, we can choose whether we revisit such worries or not. Huh? Yep, that's right. We can learn some control. Start with breathing and basic meditation. 5 mindful breaths. Go on, have a crack pilgrims.

Take it easy. L8tr g8trs.
    Last edited by Guitarista; February 17, 2019, 02:43 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
      Yes, we like the latin ladies. You haven't exactly been available have you? Off galivanting around on various gardening forums flirting with the likes of Regenronnie69 and with Dapperdandeclutters02 over on the homewares forum. But i forgive you of course dear. So i've booked a tour of Sth america for our honeymoon.

How are you going Missus?
      Oh goody! We can visit yer new GF on the way through. I am a sharer.
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Ok Jonesy, but i sure ain't sharing you with Rootinronnieroosterregen69 or billythebroccoliman007 K? K.

Top of the wednesday morning from the beach pad. Struth Ruth, it must be day 160! Oh yeah!

Noice to have a day off work today. A lazy morning taking it easy thus far, with no alarm clock in sight. Lunch wit fam soon.

Have a bewdy out there.
        Last edited by Guitarista; February 19, 2019, 06:57 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Day 161 and i'm having fun. Sort of! A big work day ahead into uncharted territory. lol. I'll just turn up with a can do attitude laced with plenty of enthusiasm and we'll git something done to be sure. A run on the beach after will sort me out.

Have a rippa!

Comment

Looky here at me at day 163!

Jumpin jesuits! in work this weekend. I sorely want some time off for me time. Won't happen till wednesday but that's ok. I had a pretty good sleep.

Some laundry on, then it's a run and a dip at the beach, then orf to work.

L8tr g8trs.

Comment

Day 163 is amazing G. I'm so proud of you for keeping on keeping on.

My Fender is an acoustic. One of the last Fender F25s to be made, and very beautiful. I so wish I could do her justice.
              There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
              You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Classy Glassy! Hola!
                What kind of music are you making there? free improv? Some Don Mc Clean, Cat Stevens? Some early Mahavishnu orchestra?
                Funny you should say that G - American Pie was one of the first things I ever learned to play! (Showing my age). With a bit of Procol Harum thrown in. And then for some strange reason when I was about 17 I decided to start learning classical and since then whenever I picked up a guitar I automatically started playing Beethoven's Bagatelle No. 25 in A minor. Now I'm just stripping it all back to basics and trying to forget anything I've ever learned and start from scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
                  Funny you should say that G - American Pie was one of the first things I ever learned to play! (Showing my age). With a bit of Procol Harum thrown in. And then for some strange reason when I was about 17 I decided to start learning classical and since then whenever I picked up a guitar I automatically started playing Beethoven's Bagatelle No. 25 in A minor. Now I'm just stripping it all back to basics and trying to forget anything I've ever learned and start from scratch.
                  Thanks Classy Glassy. Fender F25 eh? Very noice. I was talking with a piano playing friend who started out strictly classical and only reading music. She told me playing in a rock band for a few years was very different. I asked her what she would play today if relaxing in front of her piano on a lazy sunday. She said most likely some beethoven or someone else's composition. The concept of improvisation or just creating something out of thin air wasn't at the forefront of her musical thinking. It was unfamiliar territory. After further discussion she agreed that creating something new at the piano was a possibility, just a foreign concept. I find this way of thinking a foreign concept, and have met many classical musicians who share it. But the core pleasure remains........making some sounds. Rapt to hear you have your guitar out. Encore! Have a bewdy mi amiga.

Holy fartin' friar's, it's Day 164!

in work today. Wish i was going to the beach or somewhere in nature. It's a gonna be 30C and sunny. Wowza! I still might be able to swing a visit to nature today.

Take it easy and go git it pilgrim.

Comment

Good monday morning from the beach pad. Day 165 and good to be alive.

Amidst a working frenzy with no stop till brooklyn! or wednesday. And that's cool. Heading towards day 180 and 6 months. From there it's down the hill to the elusive one fkn year. Oh yeah! Bring it on ref. One day at a time. Today will be a bewdy. Great gig yesterday. A new guitar album out now. Setting up the next one's cover art then that'll be out too. Noice! Need to git my other band moving too. maybe some new music for that.

Go git it pilgrim!

Comment

...she agreed that creating something new at the piano was a possibility, just a foreign concept. I find this way of thinking a foreign concept, and have met many classical musicians who share it.
                      That's because you're a true musician and I'm just a tone deaf wannabe.

Looking forward to counting down to your 180 days. That's a huge achievement. xx

Comment

Thanks Glassy.

If you're making music, then you are a musician. Hope you're having a nice week.

Holy pontificating pontiffs! It's Day 166.

All is well here. Work is good. Working with people is very rewarding, and of course sometimes a little tricky. But all in all it's an honour. Still chasing a couple of chica's. The search goes on. I had a flash this morning of who i'd invite to my wedding.......Bjesus! Radical maaaaan. Easy big fella.

Let's git it.

Comment

Hola my friends. Day 167! Not far from the big 6 month mark. Alright!

A day off today thank fk. I need it lol. Work is good and busy. The extra job i took on will have to finish soon as it's been the 6-8 week agreed period for my helping out and the extra time is impacting other projects i have going. I might give it another week or 2 taking me to end of next week then i'm out. We'll see.

The sober life is the best. the sun is shining here, so it's off to the beach for a run and a dip soon.

Take it easy.

Comment

Day 168! Well, i can say......the feeling's fairly great. Not 100% great, but very good overall. Def in a much better head space and place physically, mentally, emotionally than when i was boozing. The transformation can be seen if i look back. I am still climbing the mountain heading for the summit. From there no doubt, i will have another mountain to climb. And..........loving it.

Take it easy out there pilgrim.

Comment

Holy conniving cardinals! It's Day 169! and the feeling's fine.

Off to my music session this morning. Then it's to the market for BBQ'd fish sandwiches! I usually order 3. half of one to eat there, then a run and swim at the nearby beach, then find a spot on the sand or in the shade to hog the other 2.5 generous offerings on toasted turkish bread with lemon juice, chilli and lettuce!

36C expected today. Have a bewdy out there.

Comment

Hola from the beach pad. Day 1.7.0! Time marches on pilgrim.

Warm one here today. 36C. I like it. Orf for a run to the beach. The neighbours are gettin a little crazy! lol. L8tr, yo!
                                Last edited by Guitarista; March 1, 2019, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X