G man the comeback!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

This is from the site Daily Om. Written by Madison Taylor.

I reckon it's well written and reflects my experience with change and old/new habits.

BY MADISYN TAYLOR

'Sometimes when we break a habit or addiction, we find ourselves missing it like a dear friend.
    Whenever we make the effort to free ourselves of an addiction or a habit we no longer need, we are often surprised to find ourselves missing the old pattern as we would a familiar friend. This sounds counterintuitive, because we think we should instinctively gravitate toward that which is good for us. And yet, it makes a lot of sense when you consider that we humans are creatures of habit. This is why we gravitate to people and places--and patterns of behavior--that make us feel comfortable. Therefore, many of the habits we form are not conscious and are based instead on learned behavior from role models who were not always making the healthiest decisions.

Most addictions begin as a way of avoiding feelings that are extremely uncomfortable, so it makes sense that stopping the addiction means, for a time, a fair amount of discomfort. The same, of course, is true of habits that we have developed over time that we are ready to release. Just knowing that this is hard, and having compassion for ourselves as we work through this process, can help us to stay the course when we feel the urge to backtrack. It's also helpful to remember that in time we will establish new, healthier patterns, and the yearning for the old ones will disappear. Eventually, we will instinctively reach for things that are good for us, and the longing for positive change may form the basis of a new habit.

The only way to get to this new place is to endure a time of difficulty, which is a challenge we can confidently handle, if we remember that it will lead to the change we seek in our lives. Our bodies, hearts, and minds always need time to adjust to a new way of doing things, but they will adapt, and even become our allies, if we remain true to our vision of a new way.'

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Happy mothers day to all of you amazing women!

Day 241. Lot's of music making here and good vibes. Let it roll baby roll.

Let's git it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Hola pilgrim.

Day 242! Right on. Let it roll pardner.

Go git it.

Comment

Hello Mr G. I missed your 8 months! Many congratulations you are sounding full of positivity and good vibes. I am impressed and very happy for you! We have the summer on its way slowly and that is boosting my mood too!

Comment

Day 246! how'r tricks?

Yo Starty. Thanks mi amiga. Glad summer is on its way there. A mood booster to be sure. Approaching winter here! But i have 5 weeks in Sth america soon up around the top end so i'm tipping sunny skies and warmth all round. Have a great week.

Today i'm hoping to finally nail my accom for the trip with some help from a keen sounding local travel agent. I'll be meeting with her in the shop as opposed to email communication which has resulted in bugger all results accom wise aside from locking in my airfare. :-)

Am thinking of upgrading the geetar i'm taking. I have a little 'travel' guitar which is cheap and sounds good, but the tuning is a little askew. Might check out a more expensive one which should hold its tuning better. Or, try out another of the cheapy guitar range and fluke a better one. Big questions rolling in at the beach pad this morning. And if these are my main worries, then i reckon i'm doing pretty damn well! Gonna take a small good quality recording device along on the trip to possibly record some live busking/gigs i'll be doing. Maybe an album or 2 will come of it. e.g. 'G man live in Colombia' Why not eh? Why not me? Why not you? Ditching the turps and living sober allows us to emerge as ourselves finally. Then stuff like this can happen very easily. yeehaw!

Take it easy and go git it pilgrim!

Comment

Day 248! Travel accom booked yesterday at last!

I went through a travel agent. She was great. I payed a little more than if i'd booked myself, but i was happy to pay the extra for her to hold my hand and lock in some kosher airport transfers here and there etc. Machu Picchu day tour locked in. Wowza! Only made time for 1 day, but still, it'll be huuuuge.

In work today. Take it easy. Later pilgrims.

Comment

Hola pilgrim.

Day 250! Oh yeah!

Gratitude thinking raaawks. You gotta try it. Give it 30 days plus for results.

In work today. L8tr g8trs.

Comment

Ok, I know a lot of G-Men. However, you are my favorite.
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Yo! W'dup pilgrims?

Yo Techie. Good to see you. Thanks man. And you are one of a kind! Hope all's well.

Must be day 251 but who's countin'? Off on my adventure next week. Wowza! Wonder what rare and precious treasure awaits me? I will embrace it all, the ups and downs, the fickle chica's, the overpriced taxi rides, my basic Spanish, the food, the streets, the vibe, the jungle, beaches, music, and of course......the people i'll meet.

In work today. Let's git it pardner.

Comment

Day 252.

This week i need to git prepared. Let's see - Double check accom. do today. Geetar case for travel. Do tomorrow. A couple of other things. Do friday.

Let's git it.

Comment

Hola friends,

Day 253 and busy as a bee.

Just a few little odds and ends to tie up but the major stuff like flights and accom are sorted. I fly out this time next week. Holy moly!

Go git it.

Comment

Day 254!

That's a solid run in anybody's book thus far. Building the foundations as long as i am also building self awareness and taking time each day to pause. Stop. Breathe. Reflect. And ask myself regularly things like - 'where's my head at today? How am i going, on track?' Part of me still wants to disappear and sit in a sunny locale and drink beer. For a long time. That's ok, i am thinking i won't ignore that thought or desire, but rather acknowledge it, respect it and not judge it. And let it go. I'm just going to leave it alone without fear. I look at it, but i know i don't need to act on that thought. When i stop and step back, i can allow my logical mind to kick in and put 2 and 2 together. If i were to go back to drinking, that's fine. But! The work i've produced in the last 8 months, the travel plans materialising and happening would all be a no go and just a nice dream. Right now, the difference is - i am living, not just existing. Big difference and a decision i am happy with and prefer over the alternative. My AF choice has more power and makes more sense, so day 254 here i come.

Let's git it pilgrim.

Comment

Good thinking, there G. I certainly understand the thought of sitting in a sunny locale drinking beer. But, where does it lead. Yes, the productive path is much wiser.

Comment

Right on Mr V.

It's easier with a bit of sober time for me to stop, pause, step back and look at my thinking. It's much more difficult to do that when in the chaos and grip of the grape. I can make an informed, conscious decision. And i am. i.e. keep on raaaawkin.

Day 255! Crikey. It ain't to long before i hit 300. Now THAT will be rather hyuuuuge. I have no desire or temptation to drink whilst i'm away. Last year on tour i didn't drink, nor wanted to. I just allowed myself to git wound up emotionally by a beautiful latin chica! Not her fault, it was a great experience and my take on it all is of major gratitude. This time, there will be a couple of chica's, but feel prepared for affairs of the heart should they come knockin.

Family lunch today. Noice restaurant. A little laborious lol, but i will shut up and enjoy the great company. I'm lucky to have family and folk who love me.

Let's git it pilgrim.

Comment

What's this ol' crooner got to say today?

Why it must be day 256 pilgrim. Holy Preachin' pentacostals at the pizza shop!

2 gigs today. Wowza! Let's git it!

Comment

Working...
                                X