• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G man the comeback!

so sorry about your friend, g-pops.

Comment

Thanks Stirly and Mr V.

Top of the thursday morning to you pardners.

Yep, a mini G on the way. I still can't believe it and whilst i'm in total support with Mumma etc. i am still cautious as it's early days. But i'm def doing some forward planning! The changes will be big! and a huge delight! I'm ready so bring it on universe. I actually had no intention of taking things any further with the mum (before we knew she was pregnant) as i wasn't convinced i could go for her long term and we discussed this. Things changed when we found she was pregnant. A tricky conversation between us for a couple of weeks, but we seem to have settled now that i've reassured her i am totally committed and there for the long haul now a kid is in the mix. Tricky maybe, but she is such a great woman. Cool, resourceful, kind, loving. We get on well and we're going for it. I have a lot of admiration and respect for her. She's quite amazing how she's already raising 2 beautiful kids.

Anyway, life isn't always ideal, or perfect. There are lumps and bumps, hurdles and ditches. Life goes on no matter what i think or do. I try to embrace the lot with humility and gratitude. Morning sadhana done as usual.

Day 352! Right on.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post

Day 351! Bridgee, would u consider some sort of 3 way?
        You mean you mow, I weed and we get the senorita on the whipper-snipper?
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Top of the morning Ms. Jones and pilgrims on the p, pp......pilgrimmage.

What the??! It must be day 353. Smokin' senorita's at a San sebastian seminary! Sticking with the sober life. Stuff happens, life goes on. The world keeps spinning. Tragedies along with good times. This is life. And life is for LIVING. Stop ripping yourself off and git out there and find something you love.

Let's git it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Day 354! There's a WHOLE lot more! No hole anymore, but whole lotta love and stuff to do and be.

There are no limits when we remove the cloudy foggy depressive poison. Change yourself. Do what needs to be done pilgrim.

A sunny, crispy saturday morning here. It's August 31st. International overdose awareness day today. Thinking of those lost to drug overdose. some intentional, many accidental.

Tomorrow (sunday) marks the first day of spring! Take it easy out there.

Comment

Wow, G-man.. so much going on in your life. I am very sorry to hear of your friend. It's so sad when one feels that's the only way out.:hug:
              Your posts above and in the nest show that you are strong and wise in your sobriety and I'm excited to celebrate with you on the 10th!
              And I'm so excited for you with the news of a little one on the way.. wonderful..

Comment

Yo LC! Great to see you.

Thanks for your kind supportive words. I'm as wise as a horses ass! But yip, strong and sober. How are you?

Comment

Day 355! 'Tis great to be alive.

Jumpin jesuits, only 10 days to go! Tuesday week is my anni. I have dinner with some old friends as it happens, unrelated to this event. But i'll be celebrating inside.

Fathers day here today, and......Spring has sprung! September 1, first day of spring. New beginnings eh? 355 days under my belt. Anything is possible! I just bought a book called 'The barefoot investor'. An aussie author with tips about saving fees from banks, interest on savings, investing ideas, simple stuff to help plan for the future. Comes highly recommended and makes good sense so far.

Take it easy out there pilgrim. Go git it. No fear. Just luuuuurve, right Jonesy?

Comment

The magic year almost done clever clogs!! Knew something important drew me back to MWO!!!!
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Haha, thanks Molly! Right on.

Day 356, how'r trix? Not too bad since u ask G man. I cannae complain. Lot's going on! Good gig with my band last night. Another good bunch of blokes.

My sobriety is solid. I've no intention to 'take the edge orf' despite lot's of tugging of emotions left right n centre. The feeling's fairly balanced within. I see one reason for this is that i am continuing to grow as a human. I am doing things i want to do and stuff that i enjoy doing today that also helps create a better tomorrow/future. These actions contribute to a better inner calm and balance. Add no boozing and it's a kick ass combo that keeps one anchored through trying events. So far anyway.

In work today. Do something u love today. Let's git it.

Comment

Hola pardners! Day 357.

The countdown continues to the big 1 year! I'll be like a fully fledged sober person. haha. Look at that. Laughter and smiling. You don't git that wit a hangover and stress caused by remaining locked in a self imposed PRISON. Release the shackles and chains pilgrim. Go forth and prosper. Take the treasure that is rightfully yours. Take back your life.

That's my sermon for the day. Oh yeah....do something u love daily.

Let's git it.

Comment

Hola! Holy cantankerous cows, it's day 358!

My amigo's funeral today. It'll be a sad one. No work till the weekend at least.

The sun is shining and spring has sprung. Life does indeed go on. L8tr g8trs.

Comment

Thinking of you Mr G. Sending you positive thoughts today.
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                              Hola! Holy cantankerous cows, it's day 358!

My amigo's funeral today. It'll be a sad one. No work till the weekend at least.

The sun is shining and spring has sprung. Life does indeed go on. L8tr g8trs.
                              Mr. G - thinking of you today.

Just want to share with you something I remembered reading your latest posts. In 1979, we were still living in Canada and my Father-in-law, who lived in Greece, died in March. My husband went to Greece for his father's funeral and to help his mother with all the arrangements necessary afterwards. What we didn't know at the time was that I was already pregnant with our younger son. We found out the day my husband returned to Canada. A life had passed, but a new life had already begun.....
                              For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                              AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Thanks Nora and Stirly whirly. :heartbeat::heartbeat:

The service was really cool and a loving vibe throughout. It was simple and well organised.

Holy Ruminatin' Rectors, it's Day 359! Sheesh, next week i'll be a year sober. This has been a loooooong time coming. I've found i've had to go 'through' life, my thoughts and feelings and allow my truth to kinda sink in - or something like that. Either way with heaps going on in G land the feeling's goooood.

The sun is shinin'. Let's git it.

Comment

Working...
                                X