Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I haven't drank today and feel like crap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't drank today and feel like crap.

I haven't drank today and feel like crap. I couldn't sleep last night. Now I feel so tired but not tired enough to sleep. I have a raging headache and a sore throat. I just can't help but think that if I did drink earlier I would feel better because I was drunk at least be able to sleep later....yes, I said it...much to your dismay. I am having a real hard time finding positives in this right now. Sorry. Especially when I have a husband who is just angry at me anyway and doesn't seem to care that I didn't drink.

Hi Dove... I care that you didn't drink. :hug:

Do you have any caffeine free tea that you can make to soothe your throat? Or hot water with lemon juice and honey?

On the positive side... you are here, not down at the corner bar swilling Pabst.

If your husband is angry, that is HIS decision, not yours.
    You must worry about you.

Hugs. I'll stay nearby if you want to "talk". Patty.
    "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
    so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
    :hug:

Comment

Yeah it's his decision but it would be a lot easier (for me anyway) to have someone who was more like a cheerleader, happy that I came home, rather than an angry heckler. Makes me not want to live with him anymore.

Comment

I care that you don't drink as well dove!
        And your husband will come around, worry about you right now.
        The first week is the worst, but if you can make it through by tomorrow you will start to feel a bit better. Each day you will become slightly less foggy.
        Hang in there and keep close!
        (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

My husband once said to me, "Your drinking is your problem." There are more supportive words, but he was very tired of me saying I had quit, then starting up drinking again. Maybe that is also your situation. His words were right on. It takes a long time to re-establish trust when we have been abusive drinkers.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

It is common for those in early recovery to struggle with insomnia or a disturbed sleep pattern. This can lead to tiredness and fatigue during the day; it can also increase the experience of fuzzy thinking that people often complain about when they first become sober. Most people find that once they have been sober for a few weeks they regain the ability to enjoy a full night’s sleep. In fact the return to a normal sleep pattern can be one of the first signs that the individual is settling into the sober life.

It does suck that that your husband is not more supportive, but maybe he is afraid to admit his own alcohol related issues, and doesn't want you to quit and leave him behind. That would be pretty selfish but certainly not uncommon. Like I said before though, you can be the stronger one here, and maybe with your recovery you also pull him forward too. Stay strong ..you CAN do this!
            Last edited by See the Light; January 4, 2015, 04:01 PM.
            “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Hi Dove definitely try and find something for sleep! I've had many"slips' due to lack of sleep and feeling like shit(makes my thinking cloudy)I've had a cold/allergies for awhile now and of course stupid al thoughts creep in,thinking" I'll feel better buzzed" but think of the next day, bleh,just keep on keeping on,F everything else
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Just consecrate on you for now. Later on your husband will turn around. Like others have said, he may be this way because of what happened in the past, and/or he doesn't want to be the only one with a drinking problem.

By staying sober you will get better and will get more sleep. If you drink, you only start right back at the beginning. Take it ODAAT or even OHAAT or OMAAT if you have to. You can do this. Drinking will solve nothing. Not drinking will solve it, it just takes work.
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Morning Dove,
                  How are you doing today, you have so many people here that do care, hugely. We have all walked in each others shoes and know its a damn difficult journey.

You will feel like crap, your detoxing, and your poor liver is trying to get rid of all the poison & toxins we have poured into it. Sleep will come & settle down. For me that was the best bit. A decent nights sleep with no 3am night guilts staring into the darkness.

Go easy on your self. The first few days can be rough. Can you pull the "I am sick" card? Heck I pulled it enough times when I was hung over. Comfort and rest. For me it was just take things slowly and focus on just getting through the day. Can you take Kalms or Valerian for sleep or anxiety?

I was on the quit - roller-coaster for many years. Each time I picked up a drink after vowing never again, I broke my DH's heart and made him so angry. He took it personally, but stood by me (just). It will take a while to re-build his trust. My drinking made him angry, sad, disappointed......the list of negatives is endless. And I had to take it on the chin as my drinking was the hand grenade that kept threatening to blow us apart!

But EVERYTHING will slowly get better with each sober day. Sleep, health, brain fog, relationships, bank balance etc. Hang in there honey, just for today.

Sending you hugs xxx
                  Last edited by autumn; January 4, 2015, 04:50 AM.
                  I can not alter the direction of the wind,

But I can change the direction of my sail.

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

Dove - Hope you check back and let us know how you are doing
                    “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Dove, Yes do check in. It is so hard at first. I swear I felt like shit for three weeks when I stopped drinking AL. I had all sorts of weird symptoms. I thought I was going nuts! It all passes, I promise you. Just try to get through THIS day and only THIS day. They will stack up and you will feel wonderful. It just takes time. As for hubby.... This quit is for you. Try not to think about him and YOUR quit. How he acts or responds to your quit efforts belong to him not you. You know quitting is what you need to do. Don't let anyone else's agendas get in your way! Stay close....

Comment

Yoo-hoo Dove?check in
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X