Come one, come all.............no rules super sober sunday jan 4th 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come one, come all.............no rules super sober sunday jan 4th 2015

The first SHOUT OUT of 2015 and going to try something a bit different.............still very SHOUTY though.

I'd like to see a show of hands here from members who have been here a while, those just starting out again and those just starting out for the very first time.

You don't have to count ( I do but that's because I've got a bit of obsession with numbers) just be HAPPY that you are sober today.

Just give yourself a pat on the back for doing your best.............. and

SHOUT IT LOUD AND PROUD AND STAY STRONG AND KEEP THINKING POSITIVE ONE AND ALL LETS GIVE OUR BEST TOGETHER .

So don't be shy and give it a try.........

The Duration Calculator calculates the number of days, months and years between two dates.

For me its 2007 days from the start date to the end date or 5 years, 5 months, 28 days excluding the end date..............to be continued :happy2:
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Morning Guys,

What a GREAT way to SHOUT in the new year!! 2015, you will be a year I remember ha ha!

FOR ALL THE RIGHT REASONS. GOODBYE 2014, YOU NEARLY KILLED ME! (well the booze nearly did..............)

I AM SOBER AND PROUD!!!! 8 months and a few days!! I AM ALIVE!!

YIP YIPPADEE DOOO!!!

ooooh that felt good!!!!
    I can not alter the direction of the wind,

But I can change the direction of my sail.

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

Hey JC and Molls. Happy New Years and it is a great start to a wonderful sober 2015.

400 sober, happy, alive, sensible fecking days. One cannot describe how good it feels to be sober for 400 days when i never ever thought i could make a day sober. I never would have had the courage or strength to start this journey, let alone keep sober without the support of MWO.

Life is good, i can even tolerate and love my mum for over a week but gees i am ready to go home.
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Congrats, friends. I have now passed the 28 month mark, months are easier to count than days. I'm too lazy to use that calculator, I guess. Life is good, Happy New Year to all!
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Result: 253 days

It is 253 days from the start date to the end date, end date included

Or 8 months, 9 days including the end date

i still need the validation counting gives me. thanks JC.

Comment

Ahoy! 11 days for me. Two more chunks like that and I'll have smashed a month. I'm beginning to get what this serenity/authenticity caper feels like. Who knew?!?

Comment

21 days. The happiest 21 days of my life because I know I've shaken the beast. Whereas past attempts have been very difficult, this one has been very easy so far, because there is no internal battle. I'm doing exactly what I want to do, so there is no battle.

What's different this time? I got kick started by a personal low... embarrassing myself drunk in public. I never, ever want to face that kind of humiliation again. I told everyone important in my life what I was doing. My family, my closest friends and co-workers, I never much of a social drinker, but I told the people that I typically might have a drink with that I had quit, so I wouldn't have to explain it later.

I also went to the doctor and had all my labs done. After years of "knowing" that I was dying of liver disease and that I had likely developed diabetes from all the sugar in my nightly wine, I found out I'm healthy as a horse. Are you kidding? All that time I spent worrying was for nothing. After all the prayers for health and one more chance to get it right, I'm not going to ignore this gift of good health, I'm going to cherish it and do everything I can to remain healthy. And that includes not drinking. 21 days and never turning back!
              Last edited by Kailey; January 4, 2015, 07:46 AM.
              You had the power all along, my dear.

Comment

Shouting loud and proud for 178 days of not needing to apologize for any drunken foolishness! Well, no new episodes anyway.

Comment

603 for me!!
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Result: 710 days

Or 1 year, 11 months, 11 days excluding the end date

Congratulations, Kailey, on your new mindset! After the first week or so, this really is more of a challenge for our minds than our bodies.

Comment

34 days today:goodgirl:

Comment

1446 days for me! Happy Sunday, all!
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

A wonderful thread JC. I guess I fall into the "been here a while" category. But wherever you are in the journey, if you're here you are doing it. I was here quite a while and had several half-hearted starts before things clicked. If you've got a day or an hour, post it here. It is a beginning and it's the way that all of us with some time under our belts started.

Result: 1052 days

It is 1052 days from the start date to the end date, end date included

Or 2 years, 10 months, 18 days including the end date

Comment

267 days for me! Got through the holidays, YEAH!!
                            I can hardly believe it, I've been drinking since I ws 12 so this is Amazing!!
                            Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                            "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

JC - your shout out has got people up and singing! Hope to see everyone here each Sunday - lovely way to check in!
                              Sunday's are best day of week to realize what we have achieved (Monday mornings are too, but heck - they are Monday's )
                              318 here, and very happily so - had a tough week, but it would have been so much tougher with the devil on my back!
                              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Working...
                              X