Now to stop smoking dope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now to stop smoking dope

I've been sober from alcohol for 7 years now. My daughter starting using medical marijuana about 2 yrs ago and I tried it with her a few times. I used to smoke a lot as a teen, but very rarely as an adult. After those few times of "trying" it, I started getting her to give me some. I've been smoking or using edibles in the evenings now most days of the week. Finally my guilt caught up with me I've been planning on quitting when my last stash was gone. That happened last night. It is a good day to be sober. Last night, an hour after smoking a bowl, I had to drive to an event of my son's. I was thinking about all the horrible things that could have happened, and I would be guilty of driving under the influence. Thankfully, nothing happened.

Because my way out worked so well for me to quit (though it actually took awhile, and I couldn't do the moderation way), I feel hypnosis is going to help with dope, too. I also started an antidepressant, so I think that will help too.

I felt bad after realizing that I couldn't smoke just every now and then. Pot was just voted to be legal where I live, so it's ironic to me that I need to quit just when it isn't an illegal drug. Sucks for me, but I know I'll be happier in the long run.

Good on you Ksnassy, & yes u will be happy in the long run. Well done on 7yrs sober Just keep posting. The only thing i want to say is be carefull and keep safe. if you are going to give up smoking marijuana. Remember Alcohol is only a arm lenght away from us.
    Formerly known as Teardrop:l
    sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
    my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Ugh. Once an addict, always an addict, I think. swapping addictions is an easy thing to do. I am no expert, as I am still struggling. But I think you need to go back to basics and figure out how to live clean and sober.

Comment

Working...
      X