Undies for techie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

Techie, my thoughts are with you and Beth. I wish for her a full recovery mate. Take care.

Off for James, run, swim in me togs.

Take it easy out there.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Oh Techie,
      I have only just read this,
      I shall do a meditation for her this evening.
      Thinking of you.

Comment

Hello Missy,
        My veggies have had it.
        Am staring a gardening thread as there are a couplke of people interested.
        Want to join in?

Comment

Oh and, and, and,
          I just booked tickets for Billy Connolly for 21st. this month.

Comment

only one tri on the agenda this year i am on the support crew for our mate who has rheumatoid arthritis and fibro mialgia (sp).
            poor thing has been training foe 8 months, got the swim covered got the walk down, the bike is proving tricky. she has just been ordered to a wheelchair but she has the odd day out of it just to thumb her nose at the illness.. hope she can cross the tri off her list.

billy Connolly is fab, but sooooooooooooo expensive... non?

Comment

Originally posted by aspmann View Post
              only one tri on the agenda this year i am on the support crew for our mate who has rheumatoid arthritis and fibro mialgia (sp).
              poor thing has been training foe 8 months, got the swim covered got the walk down, the bike is proving tricky. she has just been ordered to a wheelchair but she has the odd day out of it just to thumb her nose at the illness.. hope she can cross the tri off her list.

billy Connolly is fab, but sooooooooooooo expensive... non?
              Afternoon Aspy,
              Gee I hope your friend is able to complete the triathlon without too much pain. It will be a great achievement!

Billy Connolly .. yep, tres expensive, but I figure this may well be his last tour what with him getting on a bit, having had cancer etc etc.
              We're up towards the back so I'll take my binoculars. And the rows of seats are all the same level so "ill most likely
              be staring at the back of the head of the person inb front of me.

I did the same when Luciano Pavarotti toured back about 2005. So glad I saw him as I'd never had the money or opportunity to
              when I was younger.

Comment

im back up to 102kg...somethings got to give.
                I been thinking of lap band surgery...or maybe i could get a tastebud-ectomy?
                Non?

Comment

Too much sugar Aspy?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Undies ... I DID IT!

My last post was on Jan 14, so I've lasted a whole month ... (and we all know how hard those first 30 days are when addressing any addiction). So it's been nice to read what you're all doing and fantastic to see Bird drop in. Geez, don't 'unknown' friends pop into your head at the oddest times? I found myself thinking about Reggie's Olive; wondering how Raggsy's pottery is coming along; wondered how Aspy and fam survived all the legal shit; wondered if Mr. G was involved with the St.Kilda Festival - so it's nice to do a catch up-read and see that Grinder is making Missy & MrB's wedding togs. How fanfusking is that??? And Glassy's no doubt freezing her girlybits off on the LLB. And our visitors, Nora and Mama and the lovely KTABBERS - good thoughts going your way and Techie, I'm so sorry to read your news - sending much white light.

My month has been 'interesting' in that I've had some medical crap going on which needed to be addressed but I'm not going to talk about that here because only old farts go on and on and on (in a quavery voice) about h~o~w ~I'v~e ~not~ ~~b~bbeee~n v~e~Rrry~ ~we~`ll ( actually don't know how to type in a quavery voice) and I point blank refuse to accept that at my ripe old age of 78 I've hit old fartdom. So there. I aint tellin' nobody nothin'.

In other news - I am, sadly, a chook-free person. Both of my gorgeous girls went to dog. I really miss them.

So, good Undies ... I've survived the self-imposed 30-day forum moratorium and I will post every so often but not feel compelled to check MWO icktyfivemillion times a day. That's just plain unhealthy.

Throb youse all. You're bloody good people and I'm glad our paths have crossed.

Comment

Wow! Tawny AND Reg!!! Except it's past my bedtime!

Nice to know that other parts of the drawer have people snuggled down in them though
                      Xx
                      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Good morning all undies!!!

I'm procrastinating this morning. The most exciting thing to happen at our workplace this morning was that I wore a dress. I bought it at Xmas time but haven't worn it. My excuse was that I didn't have the right shoes :-) Anyway, I bought some shoes over the weekend (Spanish, so v. comfortable; and with a very small heel) so I'm all dressed up (for me anyway). The only reason I got up the courage to do this on a work day was because I knew that there were only going to be two people in the orifice

Started addressing wedding invites yesterday ....... only to find that I had made a mistake in the email address that RSVPs are supposed to be sent to!!! So I had to order a re-print from the printer this morning:witless:

Went to bed to read my book ......... only to be disturbed by someone running around in the street outside yelling to everyone that our building was on fire!!! And it was true ........ someone's gas BBQ had blown up :-( We duly all evacuated and I was really impressed with how quickly the fire brigade appeared on the scene. Even more impresssed to discover that building design is now so technologically advanced that each of the apartments in our block is built so that fires are contained as much as possible to single apartaments and to limit the spread upwards and sideways

Hope you all have a good day :-)

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Good morning Undies,
                          Good to see you back Tawny.
                          Missy, I was looking through my emails this morning and
                          took a peek at the met clothing offerings.
                          I reckon I'd look quite spiffy in this.
                          What do you think?

Coincidenatlly I bought another copy of the Joan/Lucianno rigolletto cd's last week
                          as I wore the first one out. Pity Mr Rags doesn't particularly like it.

Hope the reprints don't cost you too much Missy.

Comment

Testing whether I can attach this photo ..... oh goody it worked!!! This beauty visited our deck for a good 30 minutes this evening!!
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Miss Behaving; February 17, 2015, 04:00 AM.

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Hello Undies. I'm here in New Yawk again. It is so cold here hitchhikers were holding up pictures of thumbs. Things are still the same for my sister. Going tomorrow with mom and some family friends. I will have a sit down with her doctors. Keep the prayers coming they do help. Love you!

Jones???
                              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hi Techie - I keep looking at photos of the US and the snow. My brother in Florida says it has even got to freezing point there.

I keep sending prayers for your sister, and I'm sure there are otherlurkers who are doing so too xx

We booked our tickets to NY last week - in on 9 July; out on 14 August. Itinerary is Boston/Vermont/Maine (with Mr B's cousin), Novia Scotia and Prince Edward Island, Ottawa (last remining aunt) and Rhode Island (whale watching on my brother's boat) .

And I had a job interview this morning!! I think it went well :-)

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Working...
                                X