Come one, come all.............no rules super sober Sunday Feb 1st 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come one, come all.............no rules super sober Sunday Feb 1st 2015

I'd like to see a show of hands here from members who have been here a while, those just starting out again and those just starting out for the very first time.
    Lovely, lovely to see so many of you here each week and doing so blooming well..............be very proud of youselves.

You don't have to count ( I do but that's because I've got a bit of obsession with numbers) just be HAPPY that you are sober today.

Just give yourself a pat on the back for doing your best.............. and

SHOUT IT LOUD AND PROUD AND STAY STRONG AND KEEP THINKING POSITIVE ONE AND ALL LET'S GIVE OUR BEST TOGETHER .

So don't be shy and give it a try...........

For me its 2036 days from the start date or 5 years, 6 months, 26 days including the end date................to be continued :happy2:
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Result: 281 days

Comment

AF days: 206. Which is roughly equal to the number of tissues boxes I've emptied since this head cold grabbed hold.

Happy Sober Sunday, everyone!

Comment

632... woo woo!!

Pie, hope you feel better soon!
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

I would like to watch this game sober. It would be the first in a long time. I am not feeling particularly strong and that's scaring the crap out of me,

Comment

Hi, Lizann. What will your day count be tomorrow? Maybe you could write that on your hand (real small, just for you) and really see yourself reaching that day. Glance at the number to remind you anytime you need a boost. Stay full and with an AF drink in hand. There just isn't any room for AL in your stomach or life anymore! And given what you know now, you'll just have to go through the misery of starting over if you give in today. Our days of being happy, clueless drinkers are done the first time we recognize we have a problem. There's no going back so we might as well move forward, right?

Molly, I hope your week goes better than you'd expect :hug:. It's so great that you know so clearly how well a drink wouldn't fit in with all of that!

congrats to everyone on every AF day. I've got 738.

Comment

Day 49! I've spent a good bit of time worrying that the Superbowl would derail me today, but I woke up feeling strong and confident. It's not going to be a problem. I'm going to have fun watching the game and wake up tomorrow content in the security that my sobriety is in place. This is just a little challenge and I am more than up to it because the rewards for staying on track are amazing,

You can do it, too, Lizann! Go for it!
              Last edited by Kailey; February 1, 2015, 09:35 AM.
              You had the power all along, my dear.

Comment

426 days, or 14 months exactly tomorrow.

Molly - I've had an anxious, worrisome, hard couple of weeks, too. THANK GOODNESS I didn't drink through it all - would have been so much work.

Way to go Kailey and Lizanne - eat, eat and eat some more.

Feel better, Pie.

Happy SOBER Sunday.

Comment

559 days here.
                  I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Good morning. Just read like the last 10 or 12 posts here. How encouraging! Maybe I will quit making excuses....starting today!!!!! My life is certainly not out of control...yet...but I just hate the thought of alcohol in my system every night. I'm gonna take some advice from some of your posts, such as, stay full....write the day on my hand.....think good thoughts....read MWO....drink water....water..water...and whatever else it takes to not take that first drink. Congrats to all who all already on a great path to being AF! Someday I hope to join you. J MO!

Comment

346 - happy days and Sunday being the happiest sober day!
                      jmoore - it is a hard one to do, but so very worth doing - make this your day 1, it will be tough, but unlike drinking you won't regret it!
                      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

14 months today
                        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi all,
                          7 months and 1 week fir me, feeling grateful
                          Damo in Dublin x

Comment

Lizann you can do this!!! It is just a stupid game and you will be so proud of yourself tomorrow !!!
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

1474 days for me! So grateful for my AF life!!!
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                              X