No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time -February 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job on the AB Nora....whatever it takes is what I say!!
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

I agree Dots
      good morning loves........................
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Morning all,
        More damn snow. I am going to the gym to work off some of my frustration. If it snows more they might cancel the class tonight....
        Didnt sleep well again. Gotta figure out if I am eating something strange late in the evening. Just weird dreams....ugh..
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dots - I hate having weird dreams! I just can't believe the snow you all are having.

Sunni - How are you doing on the Nal? Is it still working great for you? I sure hope so.

Paulie - I'm glad your daughter got a job right away.

Liz - how are you doing?

Hugs to all - Rusty, Mama, FT and everyone else. Thinking of K9. :heartbeat:

i'M AT WORK AND HAVE TO RUN...........
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

have a good day Nora!

Comment

work it Dots!!

Comment

Nora - the Nal is a long process - but if I wasn't trying it then nothing would change anyway so I am just plodding on with it. My intake goes down a tiny bit each week - but it is early days yet. They reckon it can take 6 months or more and I have already seen a decrease so am just going to keep going - I really do have hope that finally I might have this monster beaten eventually !! I will e-mail you too .....

Hope everyone else is doing well - Dottie we had more snow too although not a lot but it is so bitterly cold today! The temp was 12 before the wind chill this morning - just awful for the homeless and the critters !

Liz - yes the cravings will still be there even when you take AB - I am lucky in that when I take it my head seems to know that I cannot drink - and I am fine re the cravings, but I am so sensitive to it that I do not like taking it. Usually I take it for two or three days just to give my body a break - but after that amount of time the cravings are definitely there ! Plus I want to be able to stop the darn cravings. Apparently Nal can eventually do that - so they say, so that is why I am just going to keep going with it.

Have a great day everyone - hubs is out at his mums for the day so I have the house to myself which is AWESOME !!!! Off down to the treadmill now .....

Hugs, Sun XXX
                How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Hiya Sunny Butt....xopxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
                  I texted K9, but no response.
                  I also texted Nursie and she is hanging in there with her chemo....

Comment

Way too quiet here folks.....
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

I have been here jabbering all day.................jabber, jabber, jabber...

Comment

Me 2 mama...
                        Off to my class. Going to wear my big fluffy coat...it is 14 degrees. bbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Have fun Dots.
                          Eating ribs and risotto...yum!
                          Have to be at dentist at 8 am.....kind of scared as I have not been in forvever...they may tell me I need dentures!
                          NO DRINKING TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ribs sound good Mama sooo I told that stupid doctor I won't take Zoloft so he gave me paxil,met with the addiction guy,he's totally cool he's a recovering alcoholic so he's been there,done it,been sober 22 years after 5 duis,2 wrecks and a 6 month black out,he got sober,he's way nice and I feel very comfortable with him,wish I'd have gone sooner, have a good night all
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

the class was great. Got to do some hands on practice too,
                              Then got home and hubbs was having a jumbo because the dog peed on the couch...well hubbs probably ignored the dog until he couldn't hold it anymore....he will sit right next to the door, on the computer, and ignore the dog scratching on the door...I do not feel sorry for him and will not have him yell at the dog because he is lazy....men...sorry fellows....
                              Glad there is no wine in the house....
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Mama, I'm sure you won't need dentures, maybe just a filling or two. Ribs and risotto sounds delicious!
                                Pauly, how did you find this addiction guy? Was it something your doctor at the clinic hooked you up with? How often do you see him? You can PM me with the answers if I'm getting to personal, just let me know. Maybe that's what I need to get my sisters off my back.
                                Dottie it seems your weather is always coming our way. It's snowing again. Stay warm.
                                Nora and Sunny how are you doing?
                                Went for a mani pedi with Ellen today. Then lunch, then a walk. It was a pleasant day, outside of the fact she is still talks a lot about my drinking, and talking to June (older sister) about what I need to do. I'm just so overwhelmed by them. I don't want to go to meetings three times a week! Went shopping tonight by myself for a new toaster oven and thoroughly enjoyed myself. No one there knows what's going on in my life! Felt freaking normal for the first time in awhile. Well thanks for letting me vent.
                                Mama, NO DRINKING TONIGHT!

Comment

Working...
                                X