One Step at a Time -February 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dottie Belle View Post
    A friend from church is sleeping on the couch. She was at the hospital with me when he died.....I just can not fathom this at all
    I am so glad you have someone with you, dots.

Originally posted by mama bear View Post
    Hi reccie :sad:
    Hello, beloved mrs bear. :sad:

Comment

Dottie,your poor lamb..........thoughts and prayers are with you at this saddest time.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Dots, I'm sitting here shocked! I can't believe this happened, I'm so very sorry honey, unbelievable, I'm here for you though,like Mama, I'll pm my number if you need to talk, Jesus
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Dottie Belle View Post
          I am here and not drinking although it was all I could do not to stop and get a large bottle of wine.....this is the worst thing that has ever happened to me..
          Dear Dottie, Deepest condolences and much strength to you in the days ahead.

Comment

Dottie, I know right now that words just don't seem enough, but your faith in God along with the thoughts and prayers from all of us here will hopefully help you get through this very difficult time :hug:
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

No words of mine can take away any of the pain you are feeling, Dottie. Please know that all of my thoughts and prayers for strength and peace are with you and we are grieving with you. All my love, Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Oh Dottie.....my prayers are with you. I can hardly see thru my tears to type but please know that we are all here for you...........
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Dots.....I am thunderstruck....have you called his kids??
                  A freakin' hernia surgery???? Unbelievable.....
                  Thank heavens for all your church friends......
                  at work...I will keep checking in...call me if you need to vent or cry or pray
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Dottie-I am soooo sorry for your loss!!:sad::hug: What a terrible shock! Praying that your friends will surround you with their love and strength, and that your husband's kids will be by your side. Please let us know how we can be the best support we can to you. I am working with my client now but I will send you a PM later.

Mama-thank you for texting me about Dottie.:heartbeat:

Comment

Yes I called his kids from the hospital last night. They will be in for the service I guess...I am meeting with the pastor at 1 to set a day and time.
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie-please let me know how I can contribute. So glad you have your faith community to lean on at this worst ever time in your life. Love, Rusty

Comment

Rusty - you are so much better with words than I am.....thank you for saying what is in my heart.
                          Dots - you are very loved - we are all here for you - for anything you need..............
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Dottie, I am so very sorry for your loss! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Comment

Thanks everyone I am just crying my eyes out.....I miss him so much and the dogs know something is up.
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie, I am so sorry for your loss. It is unimaginable the pain and shock you are going thru right now. I pray that you will find strength and God's love as you navigate your way down this unexpected path. You have many people here who love you and are praying for you. I am just so sad for you.
                                AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Working...
                                X