No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time -February 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get it, Dottie. My dad did the same thing to us when he died...we couldn't find a lot of stuff. His sister will help you sort it out.

Comment

Dottie, Keep a notebook handy so you can write things down as you think of them- ie call bank etc. Whatever, at least this way you'll have something you can go back to. Any money spent will be documented on a statement of some kind- bank, credit card, investment etc. Maybe hubs kept some records on the computer. ps When in doubt, google, or vet the topic on Facebook. I have gotten answers and valuable feedback this way. Also, look to your tax returns from last year. This may offer clues as well.
      Last edited by jane27; February 24, 2015, 06:45 PM.
      AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Jane-great advice! Thank you!:thanks::sohappy:

Comment

Thanks Jane
          I had to log back in just now..what is up with that????
          I have the regular bill paying and check book info it is the other stuff I dont have.
          I dont know the password on his computer either...damn...
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie, See this article.
            Here are the steps involved when it comes to Facebook, Google, Microsoft and Yahoo, plus all four major U.S. wireless carriers.

also:

For Windows Password, there are two main methods to solve the windows password problem as follows:

1st Method:
            Start system and when you see Windows Welcome screen / Login screen, press ctrl+alt+del keys twice and it'll show Classic Login box. Now type \Administrator\ (without quotes) in Username and leave Password field blank. Now press Enter and you should be able to log in Windows.
            Now you can reset your account password from \Control Panel - User Accounts\.
            Same thing can be done using Safe Mode. In Safe Mode Windows will show this in-built Administrator account in Login screen.

2th Method:
            Windows password Recovery software:
            for example:Windows Password Recovery Tool 3.0 . It is easy and convenient to use.
            http://www.blog.windowspasswordsrecovery...
            Last edited by jane27; February 24, 2015, 07:07 PM.
            AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

everytime I get a PM I have to log in to get it..didnt have to do this until just now.
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Beloved Dots, I don't know what to say except I am here...glad family is coming soon... I love you...we will get through this together and I am amazed at all the support you are getting
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I am amazed too...had no clue I had so many friends....amazing for sure.
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Friend coming soon to bring me dinner then gal from last night is coming back to spend the night.....I want to take one pill but dont want to be here alone....this totally sucks...
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie, you will get thru using the very same skills we learned right here....one step at a time, one day at a time. Love you, B
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrd I am just to empty right now I dont know how to put one foot in front of the other....
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie, you are probably overloaded with well meaning advice. Don't worry about taking one step right now, just sit and have a cup of herbal tea or a nice long soak in a bubble bath.

Comment

Dottie - Rusty is right - please know that you are loved and we all are here for you....... but, take care of yourself right now. Try to get some sleep.....hug your fur babies..... do what YOU need to do right now. We are here with open arms...
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I was happier than I have even been in my life and now I am the saddest I have ever been...WHY?????????????
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Wish we had the answers Dottie. God needed another angel! He may not be with you physically, but he will always be with you!

Comment

Working...
                                X