No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time -February 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks Dots...you take care of yourself too!!
    Superdy duper big hugs to Pauly and K9
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hey everyone.....just want to thank you for all of the support. My FIL passed away around midnight last night. He had a good day on Monday & was able to visit with my SIL and her daughter. But, then went downhill and never woke up. He is at peace. I stayed home from work today to spend the day with Scott. He'll be flying up sometime this month to help clear out his room in the assisted living facility.
      it is so strange to be the older generation....our parents are passing and we are the elders. Never thought about that.......

I'll be back later. :heartbeat:
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora, so sorry about your FIL! Sending hugs your way. Yes it is hard to be the older generation now.
        Dottie so sorry about the dog. I had a dog that had seizures too. He would become stiff as a board. He was so scared after, it was heart breaking. Of course back in the day, my parents didn't do the vet thing. We just lived with it.
        Check back later

Comment

:love:Nora-I am so sorry for your loss. Your father-in-law was lucky to have such a lovely and caring DIL in you, and I know he must have been grateful, even if he didn't show it/say it. Sending warm thoughts your way.:hug:

Comment

Nora I am so very sorry for your loss. Yes it is very strange to be the older generation taking care of our parents. Every time I visit my dad it just feels so strange and he is becoming so childlike..Will keep u in my thoughts and prayers.
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

more hugs Nora.....and a few more
              on a bright note, Nana is getting stronger and bossier by the day!!!!! YAY!!!
              I had Thai food for lunch and it was yummy but my tummy is a little rumbly.......

Comment

bored.com

Comment

Back from the salon and it looks really good but it always does when she does it so I will see when I try to do it.
                  We wanted to go to a group dance lesson tonight but they are predicting snow to start at just that time so we shall have to wait and see.....dam winter and all!!!!
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

I love getting my hair cut and colored....I always feel like it takes about 15 minutes off my age!!!
                    Settling in with shrimp scampi and Netflix. I was so tired today and that really bugs me, but I found out that I am getting a nice year end bonus, so I am happy overall.
                    Hubs is with Nana.....I bought Peter Rabbit at a very good time:sohappy:

Comment

Hey all,I haven't read back but Mama, I need your help!!! I need all the info on your klonopin taper,how long, how you felt/feel,pm me or put it here please
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Oh Pauly, are you ok? Feel better!

Comment

Snowing like crazy....I HATE WINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          But I have doggies on my lap so it is ok for now.
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Good Morning, Friends,

Quick check-in before another early and long day at work.

Mama-great news on Nana's progress and her bucky attitude. Yippee...she's getting well. So sorry to hear about the passing of friend. I know the funeral is today and I'll be thinking of you.

Pauly-hope you get your meds sorted out so you can be on the road to wellness and happiness. Sounds like you're going through hell.

Nora-how are you and your husband doing???? I feel your husband's pain as I watched my dad pass away as well. So sorry you are going through this.

Dottie-5 dogs and a cat...wow, you'll never be lonely. Glad your hair came out cute.

Big waves to Lizz, FT, Nora, and anyone I have missed...happy Thursday.

Comment

Hey all, Nora,I'm sorry about your FIL,I had just returned from the doctors office and wasin a frenzy and didn't read back,and yes itis creepy that were all headed into being the elder generation, so,I've been on klonopin for 6 years, in the last year I've gone up to 1 mg a day,my psychiatrist left the clinic I go to and now they have a nurse practitioner psychiatrist who wants me to chop my remaining pills in half and only take one a day,there's no way, that's too rapid! He says he won't prescribe anymore and made me feel like a fucking dirty pill popper,I've never abused them,that's why the other doctor was keeping me on them,and he prescribed Zoloft after I told him it made me fat and crazy,I'm gonna get an appointment with the medical doctor I see and ask him to help me with a more reasonable taper, he's a good doc,this other guy has got to be in his late 60's,with a flat-top,I don't think he understands benzos very well,sorry to go on and on,I just don't feel like losing my mind or having a seizure or something hope we all have a good Thursday
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning all,
                                pauly that sounds so scary and u are so right to check with another doc before taking this ones advice. I have found that my gut feelings are far superior to some docs recommendations. I dont know anything about that drug but I agree that is sounds like a drastic reduction. Get more opinions first we have to be our own advocates for sure.
                                Snow didn't amount to much thankfully. I have a meeting at church later today.
                                Bills have to be paid here to mama since I do all that and dh is so clueless..but other than that he is a good fellow.
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X