One Step at a Time -February 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Nora!
    K9 texted and told me it was ok to share what she has been going through.
    Sierra threatened suicide at school and was immediately hospitalized. They are home now, but Sierra has to be monitored. K9 is trying to get medical leave so she can stay home with Sierra.
    Sending you lots of love and support K9!!!!!!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

K9 - hugs to you and thinking of you - I cannot imagine for one minute what you are going through - hang in there !

love, Sun XXXX
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

K9- sending you lots of love.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Poor Sierra, I wonder what's going on with her? Scary cuz before Brady's friend hung himself in Dec he had threatened numerous times, usually it's a cry for help but this kid actually did it please tell K9 were here for her poor thing, yes Mama, this is a strange thing to be going through, at least I know with al withdrawal I feel better in a few days,this scares me, Dots,you and I are always here,that's ok by me a boring life keeps me out of trouble haha,oh jeez I feel so bad for K9 and Sierra
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Well, I just took AB. Had to break the cycle. Didn't go to work today. Just overwhelmed. Scott broke down today and cried. He needed it. Just been sad lately.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good on you for taking the antabuse Nora give Scott a hug poor guy

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi Steppers,

Hi K9.

Sending you much strength and thinking of you and your daughter. I am far away, but i am here for you my friend. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Wow, mama, please tell K9 I'm sending hugs her way. It just seems to be so common these days. I can't image what she must be feeling.
                  Nora, good job on taking the ab my sister wants me to get a prescription for it too. Does it really help? She says it stays in your system two weeks? Give your hubs a hug. It's his daddy. Not an easy thing to go through for either of you!
                  Dottie and Pauly, I here as much as I can be, I love our little group here.
                  Mark just got home be right back, gonna heat up his dinner!

Comment

Evening all,
                    Went to dance lesson then out to dinner. I had a gift card for Olive Garden so we used that.
                    It is going to get down right frigid.....below zero.....bbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
                    My heart goes out to K9. I can not imagine how she feels and I agree with pauly it is a cry for help. Maybe her dad can shed some light since she was living there...who knows the kids today have so much more pressure than I remember. Prayers for them both.
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

I kicked some serious butt in the interview...she was sending off serious buying signals!!!!
                      At least we have some happy news today, right??
                      I should know next week....we are negotiating salary and she set me hone with a bunch of new hire paperwork...
                      Lucky just jumped on the bed...bacinabit

Comment

OK...so Lucky peed, but on my bed. Grrrrrrrrr
                        I feel so bad for K9 too.....I'll probably text with her every other day or so and keep you informed.
                        Love you all
                        GOOD JOB ON THE AB NORA. I am so sad for Scott. That was Bret last year and then last week.
                        Lizz - think about the AB. People swear by it.

Comment

Lizanne - when I take the AB, I know that I cannot drink - and for some reason it makes it really easy! I barely even think about drinking once I have taken the AB - but 'cos the AB gets my tummy so badly I can only take a tiny dose which lasts 24 hours - generally when you take it, you cannot drink for three days - and it is cumulative so the more you take the longer it takes to get out of your system. You CANNOT drink on it - I had a sandwich with some pickle in it hours after taking it one day and had a reaction - and trust me I would NEVER drink on it after that reaction !! You can die from drinking after taking it - I never would even think about having any AL after taking some. if your family want to, they can watch you take a tab each day - trust me - you will not drink ..... but I warn you, it does not take the cravings away .....

Nora takes it too so might be able to give you more advice or stuff about it - K9 took it too and she drank on it once and really did a number on herself.

Hugs, Sun xx
                          How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

But the AB is just a deterrent right? Once I stop the cravings will come back? I'm feeling really good right now but maybe something just occassionaly if the cravings get bad. I will see my doctor next week. Not quite sure what to expect from him, I'm so embarrassed I can't keep my sh-t together and we work together.
                            BIL is back to help some more with the back splash. His shoulder is much better being on the steroids. I think he wants to finish before they wear off.
                            Mama keep us posted about you and if anything happens and most definitely K9,
                            Good night and sweet dreams. Tomorrow will be a better day!

Comment

Good job Mama crossing my fingers and toes, Dots, I loooooove olive garden but hubs hates it,weirdo!what was dinner Liz?you should look into antabuse when you see your doctor, most of us here are or have used it,Kellie got fired!for being late 3,5 minutes a few times, ridiculous but she already got hired at another salon, that's why I hated working at places like Supercuts,Fantastic Sam's etc,too many stupid rules

Comment

Good to see you Mr G.

Liz - AB does not help cravings but it stops the mind games. Should I or shouldn't i? So now that I took it, I can't drink for at least a week. So, in that regard it is very helpful.

Mama, congratulations!!

I'm typing on my Kindle and it has taken me 10 minutes to type this. I'll be back later on my computer.
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X