No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time -February 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we are heading to Georgia to attend an event honoring my parents for civic involvement. I bought a gorgeous bone colored sequined pantsuit and I am all made up, but I feel so bad for Dots, that I am not really excited. Plus, hubs overheard me telling SIL that I was worried that she was really improving and he pitched a fit and made me feel like a negative bitch, It hurts as I have been trying so hard to be Perky Princess and hold everyone up and he told me that was not the message he was getting.
    Oh well...this too shall pass. I am sure we will have a lovely evening even though I feel like punching him the face.
    Dottie, I hope you made it through the day.
    Hi reccie
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I am home and tired. I am overwhelmed by the number of folks who came to pay last respects and support me...He would have been embarrassed by the attention but so pleased to see them all again. Now the healing begins.
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

:hug: Dottie :hug:
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Quick check-in...lots of tasks to accomplish still today.

Dottie-by the time you read this, the funeral will be over....and I hope your husband's family can stay with you a while. I am glad you will be seeing a grief counselor. You have been in my thoughts and prayers all day and you will be tomorrow, too.:hug:

Mama-congratulations on being #1 in line for the job you want. Way to go!! Have fun tonight! I know you will look smashing in your new outfit. I am confused by your last post, though. "hubs overheard me telling SIL that I was worried that she was really improving" You were worried that someone was improving? Who was improving and why are you worried because she is improving?

Liz-great that your sisters did not call you yesterday. I am sure your husband would be in contact with them if you were drinking so now he hasn't had anything negative to report to them in several days so they probably got bored and moved on to somebody else!! hahahaha. Just kidding. Sounds like you've had cozy evenings with him lately, and that is wonderful. Keep on the AF path and your sisters will come around....I think they may have already, but they won't admit it.;-)

SKendall-thank you for the info. on the magnesium...it was very helpful. Sorry your husband left you for someone else!:sad::sad: Was that a recent event? So glad to see you here!!

Bird-great to see you!! I remember you from when I first joined MWO. Your avatar jumped, though. It was cool. So glad you're posting here! Please stay with us!

Recluse and Samstone....thanks for dropping by. Come again soon!

Wow, we are getting swamped with visitors popping in...that's great! I wonder what/who the attraction is! Off to the gym. Back later.

Comment

Dottie...sorry, crosspost. I am glad you are home and I am delighted that so many people came to pay their respects. Just rest tonight....cuddle with your four-legged creatures.:love:

AbcCowboy-thanks for dropping by.

Must leave to meet my friend at the gym. She just finished radiation for breast cancer that came back with a vengeance. A three-time cancer survivor, she never complains. She is an inspiration to me. It's situations like Dot's and my friend's where sometimes I think God has some explaining to do. My friend's faith is very strong, though...and so is mine, so it's all good.

Comment

Glad you are home Dots.
              Rusty....I was telling my SIL that I was worried about Nana................
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Mama and hubby was upset, why? You look beautiful, how could he be mad at you. Is it a long ride to Georgia? Have fun!

Dottie if you feel like sharing I am here. Glad you made it through. Hope you have some love and support around you tonight.

Rusty, I do believe you are right about sissys. Ellen, my twin, called today and she admitted she's got stuff going on at home. She's tired of running after me. She asked if I was ok and that was that. Still feeling guilty for the stress I have caused them.

Comment

Hi again,
                  Dottie, I know it has been a bad day. Each day brings a bit more healing, I remember how it was. Crying helps....MB, nevermind hubs, you look beautiful, have fun.......Lizann, that is great about your sons scholarships. It is a lot of work to get them....Rusty, I can't figure out how to get my old avatar...have fun at the gym...glad to be home, as I worry about Pouncer, our old cat. She is in bad shape with water retention even though she is on lasix. I know her time is short...

Comment

Hi Birdie. Thinking of the ill moms. Hoping things are improving!
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Dots, try and rest up,hubs must have been really liked for so many to show up Mama, you both look great tonight, hi bird and techie Lizz,I'm totally jealous of the kitchen!but yeah, that floor has got to go,irritated cuz I just hit my 10,000 steps 10 minutes ago, usually I've got them all at 6 a.m I really must have been draggin ass this morning haha
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X