No announcement yet.

Green Thumbs Gardening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Moss and Mick. When I first had the idea to build it, it was just going to be an addition on the side of my seacan intended to have a dirt floor and be a greenhouse. It's not much to look at from the outside, and I have a few changes that I'm going to make to it this year, I think it will change over the years as Bubba and my needs change. After the first year, with our climate in N.E. Alberta, one never knows what the weather will be like day to day. And keeping in mind that for now, we live in a 32' camper when we're out there. On the days it's cold, windy, rainy etc. we were stuck inside the camper, not the most spacious place for us and a 100lb dog who has energy to burn. So, I added the deck floor and side bench. It doesn't matter what the weather is outside now, we can sit inside comfortably, and Hank can come and go as he pleases without us worrying about muddy feet lol. I'll take pics of the changes I make to it this year, and any opinions on what you guys would do different would sure be appreciated!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
      Living now in Northern California, I've become very invested in dealing with drought. Just had my lawn removed to be replaced with Wooly Thyme as ground cover. Uses very little water. I welcome any other suggestions!?
      Woolly thyme is just sucj a great drought resistant ground cover... a real touchy feely plant too.

Cenia turbinata, or Cotula turbinata is from South Africa, forms a dense mat, is great flowering and extremely drought tolerant.
      Maybe you could give it a go.

Another one you could try is the prostrate wattle Acacia redolens.
      It's a Western Australian plant, that’s widely used in southern parts of the US, particularly Arizona and New Mexico. It’s a woody plant that grows to about 50 or 60 centimetres.

Happy gardening.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
        Howdy gardeners! Pretty slow here, thought I'd post a pic of "my garden" Bubba's is straight behind mine on the outside..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1048[/ATTACH]

Cucumbers, peppers, and tomatoes are grown in the dirt area's down both sides, behind the table are lilies and gladiolas, they aren't up yet though lol
        AB What a lovely setting, not crowded in with neighbours, and that lovely little indoor garden is a gem.

Not long before I fly out to Vancouver, then on to Whitehorse to meet up with our friends , then off to Alaska for 5 weeks.........

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Sounds like a great adventure Rags! Have a great trip and enjoy North America!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
          X