No announcement yet.

First Army March for March 2nd 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rox, spray Q20, let sit for a while, try again. If you don't have Q20, baking spray will do the trick. Use lots, work it into the moving parts as much as you can. But don't let it sit for too long - it becomes sticky after a while.

Q20's also known as ghosts' piss hereabouts.

Never mind tea trollies: how do you walk in them? I generally like those random Google images, until I land on a really nasty one
    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

They're what my cousin and I call sitting shoes.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Is Q20 like WD40?
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
          And for some bizarre reason when I was looking up tea trolleys this pair of shoes came up.

Answers on a postcard as to what these have to do with tea or trollies?
          they are just wierd.

Originally posted by DreamThinkDo View Post
          Rox, spray Q20, let sit for a while, try again. If you don't have Q20, baking spray will do the trick. Use lots, work it into the moving parts as much as you can. But don't let it sit for too long - it becomes sticky after a while.

Q20's also known as ghosts' piss hereabouts.

Never mind tea trollies: how do you walk in them? I generally like those random Google images, until I land on a really nasty one
          thanks dream but its not stuck or stiff. ive undone all the screws but it has a centre pin that you turn to lock the door. its that that has a tiny hole in it that looks like it needs an allen key to undo. like this..

that twiddly at the bottom attaches to the other side through the middle. i need to get that off.

Comment

googled it and one answer is to smash it off with a hammer.

Comment

Different brand names, JC, but does the same job.

Ah, thought it was more a stickiness problem - allan key registered post-posting... Bicycle riders love their allan keys.

Sitting shoes: brilliant - but I'd then have to sit in my bedroom all day.

Comment

You mean plink plink plink instead of bang bang bang?

Comment

wallop crash bang ouch cry.

Comment

evening all. Home for a while.
                    Mr S wants some midlife crisis glasses - trendy like :haha:
                    3 of us have to go to pick them..................

Comment

Because you guys mention Broadchurch quite often, I started season 1 last night. It is really good! Thanks for the recommendation :smile:.

Comment

Well, I'll wait to get the go-ahead b/f I start season 2! Is the depiction of the town pretty representative of small coastal communities?

Comment

season 2 was good too but it confused some people and some court procedures were considered wrong. from the serious to silly. it doesnt detract from belief of the story imo, but most of them were unnecessarily wrong from what i read and saw. ie witnesses in court watching before testifying, point of law debated between the judge and barristers which should have been in the judges chamber, not in front of court.

in what way do you mean NS ?

Comment

Oh... Just how the houses look, the importance of the summer season, the freedom the kids have, stuff like that.

Comment

Evenink dahlinks,

Heard the most excellent things about the first series of Broadchurch so decided to give the second series a go...............unfortunately with Mr JC being a lawyer he was appalled at the court scenes to the point he couldn't watch it and I couldn't listen to him banging on about it. Anyway I only like David Tennant as Dr Who.

And guess who hasn't had a nanna nap today.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

the older victorian seaside towns have fallen on hard times. people started going abroad for cheap and cheerful holidays in the sixties and the towns didnt change to compete. the seaside landlady was not accommodating. kicked out after a bad breakfast, not allowed back til dinner time. rules galore. her job would have been fine if it wasnt for all those guests.

recently the councils used the hotels to put people in as the lack of social housing had become critical. they became benefit ghettoes and even more run down because of it.

on a sunnier note, some avoided that. brighton and blackpool for instance. other areas in the south west and east anglia have become trendy and expensive. broadchurch is set in the south west, cornwall or dorset or sumsuch and is the sort that has good tourism but still an established community. as such, their portrayal is generally correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X