• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you'll be nodding off soon then.

Comment

Originally posted by roxane View Post
      you'll be nodding off soon then.
      Noooooooooooo I have to keep going 'til at least 10.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thanks, Rox!

Maybe I'll watch The Fall next and learn about Northern Ireland, Molly. Is that a good show?
        I would have guessed that Ireland and England were more similar.

Comment

Hmmm... I think I get the jokes around here even if I am an uptight American :wink:.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
            what we do have in common between the two nations is sense of humour --- more precisely I think the sense of the ridiculous --- I think the rest of the world struggle sometimes to grasp it -- and I do know when I'm speaking to people outside of Ireland or UK -- I tone down my irreverence somewhat ;-)
            agreed. straight faced humour can be hard for people to understand if youre not used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
              Hmmm... I think I get the jokes around here even if I am an uptight American :wink:.
              and the ones you miss dont matter!

Comment

ooh, that makes it look like i agree youre uptight..................how do i dig myself out of that hole?.................

Comment

No offense - I kind of am! :smile:

Comment

And of course I'm up in the North of England..............which is so far removed from the South we could be on different planets sometimes.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

the south is definitely better off. but. if youre poor, youre poor anywhere.

Comment

AND I do think it's maybe harder being poor in a city?
                        yeah probably, no foraging or growing or poaching.

Comment

yes --- I s'pose so --- similar to the rural/urban divide between Dublin and the rest of Ireland --- think the rest of them aren't that keen on us Dubs ;-)
                          You know I never thought of Dubbers as a capital city as its nice and compact.

the south is definitely better off. but. if youre poor, youre poor anywhere.
                          Too true, Roxxxy...............funny thing is there's a fair bit of of money up here.

Fantastic convo you've got us started on Sugarbabe.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

bet yer not ---- that's another thing I love about recovering addicts --- I think by being 'laid open' by our 'disease' --- we are broad-minded - kinder - humane ---- just nicer people really ...... things ain't black and white.......
                            I agree that the people who make it to the "other side" are a special group. I don't think you can get from there to here without learning a lot about yourself, the human condition, and what's really important.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                              You know I never thought of Dubbers as a capital city as its nice and compact.

Too true, Roxxxy...............funny thing is there's a fair bit of of money up here.

Fantastic convo you've got us started on Sugarbabe.
                              the south is very polarised, or at least london and western counties next to it. the rich are ridiculously rich. £300,000 for a flat? wtf? its crept out to as far as a commute so north essex is getting expensive too now.

Comment

the south is very polarised, or at least london and western counties next to it. the rich are ridiculously rich. £300,000 for a flat? wtf? its crept out to as far as a commute so north essex is getting expensive too now.
                                Love watching those programmes where they're buying a new house/flat down there and they find just the the thing.............one bed flat, only 3 hours commute for about a squillion quid...................cheaper to live up here and buy a helicopter.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X