This week's Army thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
    I think I've taken root here on this chair. Only got up to eat.

mint?

Comment

Evening.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JC does your lawyer know if its illegal to have a hedge higher than your house?

Comment

I shall ask our pet lawyer when he gets back from walking the dawg.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

this time of year the sun disappears behind the house at 2.30. in the morning it is behind a leylandii 'hedge' til 10.30. my garden is very mossy.

Comment

Originally posted by roxane View Post
              JC does your lawyer know if its illegal to have a hedge higher than your house?
              Mr JC doesn't know as he's a family and criminal lawyer and he believes this is a civil matter and doesn't have experience in the area of nuisance.............hows that for a proper legal reply.

He says have you had a google.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

And helpful links.

Tall hedges can be a nuisance, especially where neighbours can’t agree on a suitable height amicably. However, legislation now gives people whose gardens are overshadowed the opportunity to resolve the problem with the help of the local council.

The current legislation on high hedges comes under Section 8 of the Anti-Social Behaviour Act (2003). This allows councils to take action where the hedge has grown to a height where the hedge is adversely affecting the complainant s reasonable enjoyment of their property. See below to view the full document.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

thanks, perfect solicitor answer. thats what i have found out, though those links are more concise than what i found. bloody councils charging around £400 to be involved. to prevent frivolous complaints my arse, more likely they cant be arsed themselves. no mention of it being refunded on successful complaint.

my problem isnt quite as simple as its a property of adult children renting out after inheriting from their parents. couldnt give a toss and havent spent anything on it. these things are nearly two houses tall so wouldnt be cheap to cut.

Comment

Our actual problem is with council owned trees.

We back onto a foot path and when the estate was first built it was lovely that they planted pretty likkle trees.................they are now fecking great big 'uns. Its a while ago a few residents asked them to be cut back or even chopped down......................guess what no funds...........we offered to get rid of the feckers ourselves and they just about had a dicky fit. I suppose we should wring our hands with gratitude that they still take the bins away once a fortnight and I believe we have at least 2 fire engines.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

you should quote the relevant piece of legislation at them Anti-Social Behaviour Act 2003: Part 8. give them an asbo.

Comment

I'll just find some n'er do wells hanging round the bus stop and give em a fiver.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

to do what?

Comment

oops didn't finish the sentence..............chop the tree down..
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

for that price, send them here after, i'll even pay their fare. would be cheaper than paying the council to look at them. the trees that is.

banished.

Comment

Watching it tomorrow...............enjoy.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X