Come one, come all.............no rules super sober Sunday April 4th 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come one, come all.............no rules super sober Sunday April 4th 2015

First SHOUTY OUTY of the month so lets gets started then............I'd like to see a show of hands here from members who have been here a while, those just starting out again and those just starting out for the very first time. Remember each and every one of us here started with a day one, which became a day two, then a week, then a month and then .............to infinity and beyond.

SHOUT IT LOUD AND PROUD AND STAY STRONG AND KEEP THINKING POSITIVE ONE AND ALL LET'S GIVE OUR BEST TOGETHER .

So don't be shy and give it a try...........

Let the time and date calender take the strain from your brain when you're counting...............http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

And a bit of a treat for all you lovely SHOUTER OUTERS............

For me its 2098 days

It is 2098 days from the start date to the end date, end date included or 5 years, 8 months, 4 weeks and one day including the end date......................to be continued :happy2:
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Hi JC, 285 days for me , or 9 months & 12 days.
    Fair play for keeping this going.
    Hope you are well and having a lovely Easter
    Damo x

Comment

651 days

You know in the early days I didn't much like counting.
      Maybe it was lack of confidence that by counting that meant there was an end date - does that make sense ?

Today I realised every time I count I am AMAZED that it is me who has clocked up those days.
      When you've kinda taken AF for granted - you forget to congratulate yourself - so this gives such a lift
      Last edited by satz123; April 7, 2015, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Happy Easter one and all and great work Damo.

490 here and probably 490 kgs after the chocolate i have eaten.

Satz i too am amazed when i look at my number, feels like it is someone else but its our new normal and thats great!
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

542 days!!
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Happy Easter to all, especially those of faith for whom it is very special indeed!

I don't count, but I did complete another month this week, and look forward to this weekly thread. I think I am in the middle of my third AF year. I KNOW that life is good, and I don't want alcohol in my life.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
              651 days

You know in the early days I didn't much like counting.
              Maybe it was lack of confidence that by counting that meant and end date - does that make sense ?

Today I realised every time I count I am AMAZED that it is me who has clocked up those days.
              When you've kinda taken AF for granted - you forget to congratulate yourself - so this gives such a lift

Yep, YOU'VE done it, Satz! And congrats to all shouter-outers!

I like it when you beat me here because the math is easy - we will always differ by 150 :smile:.

801 for me

Comment

Another sober week for me as well! Happy Easter!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

622 days, who'd have thought it eh?
                  I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

269 days free from alcohol prison! Molly, OMG on going off the smokes! Very happy for you.

Comment

489 for me! (16 months and three days)

So happy to wake up feeling great and without guilt or remorse...

Comment

Love my Sunday shout-outs, a favourite part of my week!
                        Happy Easter all.xx
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Working...
                        X