Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to be back. I think.

T-minus 8 hours.
    Tomorrow is a new day. Maybe it will be another day 1.
    I hope so.
    I think it needs to be.
    Night, all...

Hi Quake and welcome. If you feel you are ready then you are ready to give it your best shot. head over to the newbies nest and say hello. maybe you can try for 30 days and see how you feel. I know it has been the best decision i have ever made. You will never ever regret saying goodbye to al.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Welcome back, Quake.

Comment

Welcome back!
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thanks doe the welcome back. I haven't been able to post as I logged out of my laptop and forgot my password. Still waiting for a reset, but meantime I have found myself logged in on my phone. So I'm tapping this out..
          So today is day '2' of I don't know how many. After I posted that I had a couple of nights alcohol free, then had a couple of glasses of wine the next night. But just a couple - for real. My husband and I like to get drunk together. We're not together all the time, my work takes me away from home a lot.

Before all the crap of the past 8 years rained down on our lives..and kept raining.. I wasn't much of a drinker. I took it or left it. But awful, bad things happened and somehow, alcohol became our escape and our place to be together. We're trying to live differently now. From me worrying about him and being all judgy over a half bottle of wine in an evening, he's now worried about me and how fast and much I drink.

So I didn't drink last night and tonight and I don't know about tomorrow. Last night we had a wonderful family night out at a show, chose lime and soda at the pre-theater drinks, nothing at the theater. Didn't miss it. Slept all through the night without waking up (a big deal for me). Then went to the gym and had a manicure with my daughter...she wanted to go to her favourite place next door for one of their small plates she loves. It happens to be a bar. I was happy with my line and soda again, and did a good job of just being in the moment and making the most of my time with her...and just loving the sunny day. Alcohol would have added nothing.

For dinner, after I was alone again, I burrowed under a rug on my favourite chair, heated some soup and watched the final 3 episodes of Gray's Anatomy. Again, the wine wouldn't have added a thing to my peaceful, slouchy evening. And I didn't miss it.

So tomorrow night...dinner with a friend. Early in the week and an early dinner. I'm really aware I am slammed and behind in a couple of things, work wise, and I need my 'edge' the next morning. So it would be better not to drink. Plus I hate how much weight I have put on - all those pointless wine calories. And I really want to get fit again.

So that's me. Talking mostly to myself, probably. But I feel like my self needs talking to. Back tomorrow. Night all.

Comment

Working...
          X