Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a time - May 2015

OK I will start us off for May..
    The sun is out and it will be a great day!!
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Sun is out and it is going to be a good day.
    Gym later then I hope my car is finished. They are definitely going to take some $$$$ off for all my inconvenience this week. ;-))
    Nothing planned for the weekend and I have to work on that. It is my hardest time. Dh and I would always have things to do so I have got to figure this one out. The meet up things are so early for me to attend. Having to do all the stuff with the dogs really takes time with just me doing it all. I have a rhythm but still takes time and I am not now nor have I ever been a morning person. So I will just have to be resourceful....
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dots-I am glad the sun is shining for you part of the time anyway. :-) Thank you for starting us out in May.

Comment

Thanks for the kick off Dots, well it's May and getting hot,supposed to be 97 today gotta get out and do some yard work but kinda not in the mood, meh, see what happens later, hope everyone enjoys their Friday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I can't believe that I forgot to start the May thread!!! Thank you Dottie!! :thanks: I have been saving a picture to start us off with and everything. LOL
          Anyway - I'll save it for June.

I stupidly had a couple of sips of alchol last night. Yep - had a reaction to the AB. I'm an idiot, what can I say? I got really flushed and ended up taking Benadryl and going to bed. Stupid, stupid. That is why I have been scared to take it. Oh well - I had 7 days under my belt and will keep going. I CAN do this. I MUST stop using my anger/frustration from work as an excuse to drink. PERIOD.

Doing better today. Better frame of mind. Just need to keep with it.

Waving to everyone. I've got to get back to work. Just wanted to check in and wish everyone a HAPPY FRIDAY.
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Oh dear sweet Nora, I know what you are going through. I'm right there with you, struggling along. Again, my motto, any day without al is a good day.
            Just a quick check in for me, kids are here tonight and I'm loving every minute with them.
            Have a good night guys. Love you all.

Comment

I am sitting here alone on a Friday night. There was a "singles" dance tonight but I could not bring myself to go. Not ready yet and the dancing is more singles dances like a line dance which is NOT me.
              I am looking at some meet up things that are more social groups and involved with exercise and eating out. More up my alley. Too old for this maybe??? I dont know.
              Tomorrow night I am going to my friends for dinner and a derby party. She doesn't drink so I am good. Gotta find a Friday night something to do. ugh...
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Happy May folks :happy2:
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Happy May! I am home alone too Dots, but I don't care at the moment as I am going to bed!
                  Hi Techie!
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Sweet dreams mama and Dottie. Kiddies are off with their significant others. Just me hubs and Lucy! Off to nestle in the blankie fort, it's been a long week!

Comment

Originally posted by mama bear View Post
                      Happy May! I am home alone too Dots, but I don't care at the moment as I am going to bed!
                      Hi Techie!
                      Hiya mama. I hope you're well. Think of you all and will try and post more!
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning everyone. A beautiful day here. I will run in a bit. I think it might finally be time to put away the down comforters and switch to lighter blankets. I think I may just sit outside and catch some rays. Bad I know, but I need my vitamin D. Maybe a walk for Lucy. I think I have the only dog who doesn't like a walk! Anyway enjoy your day.

Comment

Morning all,
                          Beautiful day here. Going to an open house for a new wellness center then to friends to watch the derby. She is cooking too.
                          Weekends are the hardest for me. Gotta find things to do. Sitting here alone is not good for me but the dogs sure like it.
                          Need to find a walking buddy. I dont like going to the park alone to walk even if I take a dog with me. Still a little scary.
                          Hope some more folks show up....too quiet here.
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Thanks Techie. I am fine, just tired. I was angry cause me and my partner at work stayed till 730 and everyone else was off. I am sure things will calm down eventually.
                            Did the grocery shopping and bought some shoes and tops and now I am chilling before date night.
                            Dots, enjoy the open house and Lizz, enjoy the sun!

Comment

My tummy is upset, so no date night. I am listening to my body. I am sober and tired and curled up in my bed. I told hubs to go out and have fun

Comment

Working...
                              X