No announcement yet.

One Step at a time - May 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nora-yes, we ARE really lucky. My Gratitude List is long, really long.

Mama-yeah, sorry to hear about Clay breaking up with his girlfriend....that must be sooooo hard.

K9-I am worried about you...I hope you are OK.

Comment

Oh yeah I forgot about that, she's a cute girl, but they are young and who knows down the road what'll happen, Louie pulled Kellie's purse off the counter and her perfume broke on the tile, bleh,Clinique Happy Heart overload,it's making me kinda nauseous, it was practically full so it's strong, I hope K9 will check in tomorrow hope everyone is enjoying their evening, much love to all
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Darn tooth is bothering me again. Guess I will need to go o the dentist for xrays to see what is going on. I hate dentists...Always some dam thing....
        Going to bed early. I am tired....zzzzzz
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie-Soooo sorry your tooth is bothering you....hope you can sleep tonight with all the pain. :hug:

It's 9:10 PM and I am off to bed. Long commute tomorrow so I probably won't check in until afternoon.

Comment

Morning loves...cleaned most of the day and did laundry and then went to Nana's for dinner.
            Rusty - what a lovely time with your family!
            Nora - I hope the depression lifts. What is your therapist saying? Volunteering sounds very fulfilling.
            Hey Glassy!!
            Ok...it's Monday, so time to tie my cape on...
            I am in Orlando for two days.
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Good morning everyone! Had a great weekend with hubs in Amish country. Just simple living. Lancaster is such a touristy place, which I happen to love. Did lots and ate lots. No opportunity to drink.
              Nora, I get the depression thing. Sadly, that's a big part of my problem. I just don't want to do anything! I am taking lexapro, not sure it's helping.
              Mama, so sorry to hear about Clay and his girlfriend. When our kids hurt, we hurt.
              Glass, good to see you.
              Rusty, you're always so upbeat, thank you for that!
              Dottie, did you meet anyone the other night?
              Well off to start my day. Chin up right?

Comment

Morning all,
                Bought 2 pictures at the auction last night a church. Money goes to the Haiti mission team travel expenses. Still strange and creepy to be there without him but I didn't have a meltdown so that is progress I guess.
                Laundry and gym today. Oh Boy.....
                3 of the folks at the dinner meet up are going to be at the widow/widowers group tomorrow night. I am surprised that they are younger. Maybe Tuesday will have more folks my age. This is so NOT what I ever wanted but here I am....
                Happy Monday!!
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hey all, I'm sitting in the lobby of Kellie's doctor appointment, been here since 5 am,she's getting pain shots for arthritis in her lower back, I'm starving and have some jerky in my purse but everytime I open the bag it smells like a fart haha! Had to take the day off,can't really afford it but Kell isn't allowed to drive after the procedure and I didn't want to rush out of here straight to work, had someone road raging me after I accidentally cut them off, it was so scary!you hear stories everyday about people getting shot over driving incidents, I ended up around the block from Kell's apartment with my lights off, freaky! Hope everyone has a nice Monday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Wow Pauly, that's a lot for a Monday morning! You made me laugh with the farts though. Road rage scary stuff, I told you about the guy in my waiting room who went off after another patient who was on the cell phone. He threw a clipboard at me! You just never know. She's so young for arthritis, the poor thing. Ok, moved mountains this morning already, off to move another one or two. Have a good one.

Comment

Morning all

Pauly - that's too bad that Kellie has arthritis. Hope that the shots help. Is everybody holing their noses when you open your jerkey? :harhar:

Liz - Can't believe someone threw a clipboard at you. I'm glad that you & hubby got away.

Dotts - glad that you are connecting with some people. Of course, it's not the same but at least you are getting out.

Mama - when do you go to Orlando?

Rusty - Enjoy your time at your Moms, even though you will be working.

I looked into some hospitals around here and they don't need any volunteers at this time. I will look into some other types of things.....library, school? Hard to find something that I can do with the hours I am available. That's why I thought the hospital would be a good fit for me. Open 24 hours.

I'm really having drinking thoughts. I guess I need to keep using AB even though I know that's not the answer. I need to do this with my own mind! Oh well.....12 days and still going. I'm trying not to count the days. That does not help me and makes me more anxious.

I have a Dr's appointment tomorrow. I'll mention that I'm having a lot of anxiety and make sure that I get a refill on my Lorazepam. I'm only taking one-two a day so I'm not abusing it.

Oh well - I'm at work and better get with it.

Have a great day everyone!!!!!
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora nothing will ever be the same but we were so active that sitting here alone is the worst. So I will try to get out and do things I enjoy. I am not going to do things just for the sake of getting out rather I want it to be things I might enjoy. So onward...
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Nora,one of my customers is a foster gramma, it's kinda like big brothers and sisters but with a gramma spin, maybe something like that? Or animal shelter? Just keep with the antabuse for now,I wish I would have had it in me before I chose to drink, get some traction in your quit for now

Comment

Raining here, bleh,so weird when Kell was filling out her paper work for the doctors office, she had to list what meds she had been prescribed I glanced and seen "baclofen" I was like holy shit,I never really heard of it in real life, only here,I told her people use it to quit drinking on here,that's kinda crazy

Comment

Evening all,
                              Gym was good. Going to watch the finale tonight and tomorrow of DWTS. Summer shows usually suck so I am going to have to find some activity for the evenings.
                              Tomorrow lunch with a lady from church then a widow group for dinner. I am hoping some of the meet up groups will fill up my evenings. Just hard to be here alone and not have drinking thoughts at times. Like who is watching, no one will know etc but I am getting in such good shape I dont want to mess that up. So here I am with my lemon water.
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

I am here after an insane day. I leave for Orlando early in the morning. Too tired to post mush more, but I am fine. I love all of you.
                                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                                X