No announcement yet.

One Step at a time - May 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nora, FYI, I always worry about those lab results too. Hopefully they will be fine. Will you let us know?

Comment

Hello all - quiet here today. Not much to report here.

Liz - thanks for asking about the lab results. I have a HUGE bruise on my arm but the results so far seem ok. My Hemoglobin A1c is 5.7 which I guess means I need to be careful that I could develop diabetes. She recommends that I get more exercise and limit my sugar and simple carbohydrates. Good excuse for me to get to they gym! Right!!! I'm glad that it's not worse that it is. The other thing I noticed is that BUN/Creatine level is low (8) and my Sodium Serum is high (145). I don't even know what those mean and she didn't mention it. I thought it had something to do with kidneys but who knows. I am just obsessing about the results so I need to back away. I will start exercising and I'm sure things will be be better.

I got my Naltrexone today and I took half a pill. I feel a little dizzy or lightheaded but not too bad. I am really, really irritable but don't know if it has anything to do with the Nal or not. It could be from the dog (doberman) across the street that won't stop barking, it could be because my ear hurts, it could be because my back hurts and on & on. So, I'm just trying to breath deep. LOL I just wish that dog would SHUT UP. Scott says that he has been barking like that all day long. Aarrgghhh - I don't usually pay any attention to the neighbors dogs but this is just NON STOP.

Well - guess I'm going to get back to my book. I'm reading 'Still Alice' and it's powerful.

Hope that everyone is having a wonderful day!!!
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Maybe lower your dose a little more? Go slow. Your poor thing, how are the ears? For me just going to bed early is a huge help! Keep us posted ok?

Comment

Good Sleepy Morning from Detroit!

I have just a few minutes to post this morning....once again I am starting early.

Nora-sorry you felt unwell last night. It could have to do with NOT drinking...that would happen to me when I would go on a binge and not drink for several days, the first couple days I was anxious and irritable. I tried to take the NAL every day...it never worked out to actually be every day, but I found that helpful. Definitely if you have cravings, take it.

Hi Lizz-great to see you back here.

Mama-I love the pics of you on FB.

Hellos to everyone else. Happy Thursday!

Comment

Good morning! Cool cloudy Thursday here. Taking Lucy to the groomers in a bit. Then to clean some stuff out of the storage unit. I'm having dinner with an old friend tonight, we will be sharing our kids wedding albums. Her son and my daughter were in playgroup together. Lots of memories! Anyway hope everyone is doing ok. Nora, how are you feeling today? Rusty say hello to my friends in Detroit! Mama, you look like you have a nice team. Dottie, what are you doing today? Pauly, how's it going by you?

Check back later!

Comment

Morning all,
              Grief counselor then gym later.
              Woke up in a kind of funk but I hope it passes soon. I was dreaming all night about trying to find dh....hate that so bad.
              Really cool here today. Rain maybe later. Was supposed to go to an event locally tonight but my allergies are so bad I might just hide in the house.
              Gotta find some activities for the weekend.
              Saturday night I get to do the ride along with local police as part of my class so that should be interesting particularly with the holiday weekend.
              Pauly where are you??
              K9 Please let us know u are ok....
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Quick good morning! I just finished 'Still Alice' this morning so I'm a little late to work. Great book. Hurts my heart.

I have tried texting K9 and haven't got an answer. I'm worried

Rusty - thanks for the input regarding the Nal. My bad mood lasted about an hour or hour and half. I'm sure I will get used to it. It's been 15 days now AF. I'm not counting but I stopped & counted this morning when you mentioned it could be from NOT dirnking. Quite possible.

Ok - got to run.

Love & hugs to everyone. Pauly?? Wish you would post more........ :hug:
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi family. Have not read back but wanted to tell you that driving home last night after working all day, I was involved in a car accident on the rainy highway. I clipped the guy in my blind spot, spun out two or three times and totaled my son's Mustang. No Alcohol was involved. I was simply driving home from work. Hubs is livid and we have no collision so, the car is a complete loss, But I, and the other four cars involved are all alive and well. I am home today as I am so stiff.
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

mama I am so sorry but glad u and everyone is OK. Maybe this is a sign to slow down a little. It sure looks like you have been burning the candle at both ends with this new job. I know easier said than done but take it easy. We need you!!
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

thanks Dottie
                      I think I will rent a car in the future with full coverage and I will not drive at night anymore.....
                      I keep having flashbacks of spinning.....it's surreal
                      Hubs is calming down. He is overwhelmed with so much and I bear the brunt of it....going to snuggle in with some soup and rest....

Comment

Oh mama! So sorry! Glad you are ok! Yes snuggle in and rest. Hope hubs comes around. I'm sure he is thankful you are ok. You work so hard and do so much! Sending hugs your way!

Comment

Sorry about the accident Mama,just happy everyone is OK
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

thanks....big purple bruises are springing up on my chest.
                            I texted K9 and she said she would check in here

Comment

I hope she does check in, Mama,try and take it easy tonight, what a terrifying experience, I'm not feeling great today either, my throat is hurting, if I still feel like this tomorrow I'm gonna see if the doc can squeeze me in,that's why I've been kinda MIA,just kinda weak,hope everyone is well
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

coffee, shower, work.....

Comment

Working...
                                X