Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feedback on nightmares & waking up feeling like I got drugged

Hi folks,

In 1984 I had mono. After it subsided I had recurring and debilitating Epstein's Barr. Around the same time I developed narcoleptic tendencies. Without medication or an alarm clock, I could easily sleep 12-14 hours a night. During that same time period I frequently walked in my sleep- one time I made a sharp turn into what I thought was a an open doorway but was actually just wall, spilt my forehead open and went right back to sleep. I have a deep scar to show for it because I never did get stitches. Also in that time frame, more than once I woke up in the middle of the night, got fully dressed to do to school, and nearly made it out the door. I cant remember what stopped me. One time my Dad caught it and turned me around. A few months later, he did the very same thing, only it was me that caught him fully suited with briefcase heading out the door at 4am. I have also cooked in my sleep.

In my 20's, I started eating in my sleep. During this time, I struggled with insomnia- I would get into bed at 11pm and semi wake up at 2am to find myself eating. For this I was semi conscious. If I had food in the house I ate it. Anywhere between 1500 and 3000 calories. When I got tired waking up feeling bloated (and discovering empty packages of cookies, crackers, cheese, leftovers -whatever all over the kitchen), I got rid of all the food in the house. I was tired of not being able to eat lunch with my friends at work because I had gorged the night before and felt bloated (and full). It wasn't long before I began eating totally raw, uncooked pasta. It hadn't occurred to me to get rid of that too. I do not recommend chomping on uncooked Penne. I wound up requiring root canals in half of my molars because I cracked the teeth eating the pasta. I only did this 2-3 times before I got rid of the pasta too, but the damage was already done. 20 years later, those root canals are slowly starting to fail and I'm having periodontal problems that are symptom free (they remove the nerve when they do root canal- this removes the possibility for painful nerve irritation). Recently after having a fever for 3 years, I went on a quest to determine the source (in conjunction with quitting drinking). One piece of it was an abscess at the root of a molar where I'd had a root canal. Wouldn't have even known about it if not for the cat scan I had due to recurring sinus infections. Had oral surgery for that in January of this year. Fever is gone.

I have always had extremely vivid dreams- mostly highly detailed nightmares. Recurring themes include the ability to fly, falling down and not having the leg strength to get back up, not being able to dial telephone numbers on the cell phone without making mistakes or because the cell phone is complicated, my husband hating me, and terroristic events (explosions, fires) including terrorism itself.
    Last nights was a doozy and I woke up feeling like I had been ruffied. We ordered in pizza last night, and I know no one drugged me, but it sure feels like I was drugged. Am groggy, have a massive headache Its 1pm and I could easily go back to sleep until 5.

I've also been experiencing skin tenderness that is local to specific areas (left side of middle back, portions of a finger that can switch from one finger to another and feels like a cooking burn.) My back feels someone raked it with needles- and as though there are open cuts. There is nothing.

I have add and also get restless foot syndrome every night around 10pm usually while trying to stay awake to watch a TV program. If I push through it, the sleepiness feeling goes away all together, and I could easily stay up until 3am. Night sweats are the norm.
    Bothering me the most is how groggy and drugged I woke up feeling ( and after extensive, realistic nightmares). I am wondering if anyone had has similar experiences? In the weeks before I quit drinking I had brutal nightmares, but those subsided with sobriety. What goes on now is more sporadic, but troubling in the feeling that I've just woken up after having had general anaesthesia. Apologies for the length of this.

Thanks
    AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*
Working...
X