No announcement yet.

LilBit vs. the Big C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you. Thank you for sharing your journey. :hug:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Lil, should I feel bad? Your post made me laugh out loud! Sorry if that's in bad taste but you are funny as hell, lady!

Holding you close in my thoughts and heart.

Comment

I`ll be following along an rooting for you. You sure have survived a Cat`s worth of lives. Your sense of humour, optimism, pizzazz, openness and charisma will see you through the worst of it for sure. You could not have cancer at a better time in medical history. They have lots of options and new developments in this field and San Fransisco is a sophisticated city.

Stay strong and catch the love and hope I am sending your way!
        "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
        Lao-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
          Lil, should I feel bad? Your post made me laugh out loud! Sorry if that's in bad taste but you are funny as hell, lady!
          Thanks, Ginger and by all means, NO! Please laugh. It's like I told my sister when I sent her my serious AD papers, there's no reason why this can't be fun, too. I refuse, refuse, REFUSE to turn my happy, triumphant AF life into a pit of despair over this passing episode. And, I am so grateful to all of you for coming along on the ride with me.

Here's the pic I sent to my sis along with the Advanced Directive docs.
          (Click it if it's too small)
          unnamed.png
          "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

I will but you are not going to die.

Robert has in his care directive that he wants me there to be praying with his friend Geoff (jehovah witness). I said to him i know one damn prayer and only two lines of it, so what was i to do to pass the time for gods sakes! It appears that was not really his directive but whomever wrote it for him put it in. I told him i will sing and boy is my voice bad! I am available for singing but not praying Lil.
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Thanks, Ava. I don't plan on dying anytime soon. I will be around to annoy the feck out of everyone for quite some time. That said, do you know any songs that begin with, "I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK...?" It's best to have one's bases covered.

Comment

ha ha, yes but only the bit you quoted but i am very good at humming and making up words! something like "i sleep all night and work all day" maybe!
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hah. Lil - apart from here, I hope you are keeping these posts. Maybe here is enough, but you are very funny and a fantastic writer. I see a book in your future. I was trying to think of a snappy title, but my brain seems to have shut off for the evening...

Keep making me laugh.

Pav

Comment

I second that book idea! What a great read for those going through something like this. Laughing is the BEST medicine and looking at this experience with a light heart can only be a good thing, right?

Comment

I third that book deal! You've got a gift that sure could help a lot of people. Wait - You're already doing that...Thanks for sharing this with us, Lilbit....You are one feisty fighter with a powerful 'tude!
                      images-2.jpg
                      Sober for the Revolution!
                      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Wow, thank you, guys! It has always been my dream to be an author, and I have several unfinished books in the works. 'Hoping now that I no longer have AL tying one hand behind my back and taking up all that precious time, I can finish them. For the past 20 years, I paid my dues doing technical writing, so hopefully I have the basics down. Now, raise your hand if you want to know how to automate regression, scaling and performance testing on scalable apps using a mainframe...

<crickets>

<more crickets>

No takers? See, that's what I mean. It paid the bills but...yawn! I'm looking forward to writing about something with little or no circuitry. 'Truly appreciate the encouragement and love the "Ta Tas" tee!

Comment

Haha I'll pass on the mainframe read but I'd be happy to read anything else you've written! I was a DBA before I retired and also did a lot of institutional data crunching. I know all about crickets!

Comment

I don't know much about crickets Lil but I do know a good bit about chickens

I think I have O. C. D. ~ Obsessive Chicken Disorder, ha ha!!!!!
                            I can make t shirts for all of us!!!
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

:happy2:
                              No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Rooting for you, LB.
                                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                                X