No announcement yet.

LilBit vs. the Big C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very happy for you Lilbit! Awesome news!

Comment

Relieved and joyful for you, lovely Lil!
      Sober for the Revolution!
      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

a big relief for you lil!

Comment

Wonderful news, so happy to hear that!!

Comment

Wow, Lilbit - what a great report. I'm so happy for you - for all the things going well in your life. All the best, NS

Comment

That's so awesome LB, lovely uplifting news x

Comment

LilBit, just wanted to join in and say that I'm so happy to hear things went so well! Xo
                AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Inspirational LilBit, wow what a great spirit and fantastic sense of humor you faced this with.
                  Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Time for Round 2! 'Have been resting in the post-surgery break, and now it's time for radiation therapy. Woohoo (not)! On the one hand, being conveyed topless into a large donut-shaped device that resembles my own Personal Hadron Collider and zapped while I hold a white plastic ring over my head sounds Not Very Fun. On the other hand, I'm thankful for modern medicine and its painless method of zapping any remaining microscopic cancer cells into oblivion like a Space Invaders bout inside my brassiere.

How about a little Satan with your care package?

Yeah, you read that correctly. When I completed my pre-radiation treatment consultation, the nurse first gave me my folder. (It's Kaiser. They give you large, multi-colored folders with pictures of smiling elderly people eating pomegranetes with each procedure. They even give you folders for your folders.) After bestowing said folder, the nurse then gave me a "care package" in the form of a tote bag full of goodies supplied by the women at a nearby office. It was a touching gesture. Well, mostly.

When the RN left the room, I started rifling through the bag's contents: a crossword puzzle book, a pack of tissues, a bottle of lotion, a Satanic storybook--

WHAT???

Tucked between the moist wipes and Sudoku puzzles was a graphic novel about a demon who tried to become a man and live a normal life with a family and kids, but in the end it was no use, because Hell came calling to claim its own, complete with pentagrams, evil faces and an unsuccessful exorcism.

'Just the thing for physically and emotionally vulnerable women, eh? I chucked it in the trash immediately, but then it kept bugging me over the next day. I ended up calling the nurse and telling her about it. 'Turns out, they had no idea it was in there. Sheesh! Just when I think I'm finished being surprised...
                    "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Good luck with the rad. Santanic book.... What?? That's the oddest thing I've heard in a long time. Always know I'll have a good read when I see your posts!

Comment

GREAT News LB. Yes living in the now. It is a wonderous place.
                        The past is history, the future is a mystery, but the present is a gift.
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hi Lilbit, just wanted to offer my support! I had breast cancer this past year and just started radiation. I had Her 2 positive, grade 3, Nottingham grade 8 out of 9. Very aggressive. I had a double mastectomy, 20 weeks of chemo, now radiation, and Herceptin infusions for a year.
                          Keep your sense of humor, it truly is the best medicine!
                          Day 1 again 11/5/19
                          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Hope all's going along good there Lilbit.

Hope things are going well Nursie. Funny, I was just wondering how you were doing yesterday.

Take care, G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                            X