DriftyAlson0's 4 years of being AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DriftyAlson0's 4 years of being AF

I have made it 4 years of being sober. Four wonderful years of not having regrets about the night before. Four years of not having hangovers and although it has not always been easy, I am in this for the long haul. No more wasting money on poison. No more do I worry if I have enough to get drunk. To celebrate I got myself some chocolate milk. I know that you all can do it to. Just work at your strategies until you find one that works. And take it ODAAT or even OMAAT if need be.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Congratulations, Drifty! What a wonderful accomplishment! I am right beside you, in it for the long haul! Keep up the great work and don't be a stranger! :welldone:
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Happy 4th birthday Drifty. I'm with you with regards to how great life is without al. I never thought i could achieve sobriety and so now i know that no-one or nothing is going to take this away from me. A huge congratulations.
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Thanks for popping in to let us know how well you're doing, Drifty. Congratulations! :welldone:

Comment

It is great to see people with a good amount of AF time behind them so happy about the changes they made. Congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations Drifty! :welldone:

AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Excellent Drifty, 4 years is amazing.
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Congrats Drifty! Thanks for posting and offering some selfless inspiration. :harhar:
                (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Congrats dear, old friend. Nice to see you!
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Congratulations Drifty! Very proud of you!

Comment

Thanks everyone. Went out last night to celebrate and stayed sober. Glad to wake up without the hangover.
                      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Congrats, Drifty. To celebrate anything, I usually have ice cream. Chocolate milk might be nice once in awhile, though.
                        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Congratulations Drifty!!! :sohappy::welldone::thumbsup::congratulatory:

P.S. I am so spoiled. I find it nearly impossible to communicate with this 4 smilie limitation!!!!! :-P
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Congratulations, Drifty! Thanks for sharing your happiness with us.

Pav

Comment

Congrats Alison people like you are such an inspiration to us here. xxxx

Comment

Working...
                              X