new but old. here again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new but old. here again

feb 21 2010.... I had a wonderful 90 days of sobriety;.... I cant seem to make it work now....

struggling with mam and alzhiemers... but that is just an excuse to drink. I have managed to only drink once a week......but sometimes it turns into 2 days because I don't want to think too much

Comment

Hi Spuds,

I remember you from 2010 when I was first here. Welcome back!

Comment

Spudsy! So glad you are back!! Sorry about your mam. That is really tough! Do not underestimate the depressant nature of alcohol, so if you're drinking because you are sad alcohol will only make you sadder than you can imagine. Jump back into the newbies nest and get some great support. Love, Rusty

Comment

Hey Spud!
          Welcome back, glad to see you. I'm sorry about your troubles, life can be difficult at times. AL just makes the hard times even harder IMHO. Jump back in the Newbies Nest for a while. There's still lots of support available there :hug:

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi, Spuds:

What Rusty said is SO true.

And you'll be more present for your mom to help make decisions, etc. Welcome back.

Pav

Comment

Hey Spuds! I first started trying to quit all the way back in 2007! All these years later I have finally stopped, so don't give up. Keep trying and trying until you get it right. For me the only answer was to stop, I couldn't control the drinking me. It took a long time for me to see the situation for what it was. I was not feeling like me anymore and I needed a change. And I changed. Welcome back Spuds!
              (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Welcome back old friend. We are here for you
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Welcome back Spud. I remember when I had a quit going well and made it to 6 weeks and then I drank and blew that quit. In my mind I thought I could moderate my drinking but while I was modding I wasn't really modding. My modding was only drink every other week and when I did drink, I drank way too much.

I had to come to terms that I could no longer drink no matter what and then the quit stuck. I know you can do this Spud. You just have to find the right way for you.
                  I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                  X