To Do Lists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Do Lists

Looking for to ways to manage to do list items in a way that considers priority and effectively helps things get done (I suppose by not being too overwhelming). Anyone have any templates they can share?

AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

I don't really have a template, but I do try to keep separate lists. I'll have one list of things I really do NEED to get done today or tomorrow; another list for important things that should be done "soon", and a third for ongoing projects (like, finishing clearing out a room we're going to recarpet eventually) that don't really have a time limit. The last one isn't super useful until I break it down into tasks, I suppose, but it's what I tend to do.

Whenever I don't split the lists like that I definitely find myself getting overwhelmed with everything and not always knowing where to start.
    I am stubborn as a pig - but changing what I'm being stubborn about!

Cigarette Free On: 9/23/2014
    AF on: 8/12/2014

Comment

Thanks LavB. I'm so tired of list accumulation, and stapling them together, and dragging them around until the paper is so worn that it can barely crease. I guess I need to learn to let some of the stuff go and have faith that if its important enough, I'll remember? but it all seems important :indecisiveness:
      AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Jane, there's lots of free apps of "to do" lists for smartphones, I use ToDo on my iPhone.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by jane27 View Post
          Thanks LavB. I'm so tired of list accumulation, and stapling them together, and dragging them around until the paper is so worn that it can barely crease. I guess I need to learn to let some of the stuff go and have faith that if its important enough, I'll remember? but it all seems important :indecisiveness:
          I have the same problem! I'll put things on my list that there's no way I'll forget - like "Call vet." I was worried about my dog, there was no way I'd forget to call the vet! I wonder if part of it is not trusting myself since I DID forget important things while I was drinking? Sometimes it's also nice though, if I put something on my list that means I get to cross it off - and I feel better at the end of the day with things checked off than if all I have is a list of the things I didn't get to. O.o
          I am stubborn as a pig - but changing what I'm being stubborn about!

Cigarette Free On: 9/23/2014
          AF on: 8/12/2014

Comment

I stopped making a list because it was too overwhelming, I do write down just a couple of things I must get done the next day, but that's all. Now that I'm over 60 my memory isn't quite what it used to be, but things still seem to be getting done. It sure helps that I don't drink any more.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
            X