One Step at a time - June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dottie!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Happy birthday, Dottie!!!!!!!
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thanks!! Much to do today. Raining but that is OK.
        One of the fellows I dated asked me when I was going to move in with him...WTH???? He needs a keeper I think. That is NOT me. Have an outing today with Jewish fellow and he is nice but lives a long way from me. About an hour drive and I am NOT inviting him to spend the night...This is ALL crazy at my age...but I am just going to roll with it. I dont NEED a man around but they are nice at times.
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

:congratulatory:Happy official Birthday Dots the audacity of that guy asking when you're moving in! I hope its not the dancing guy?he's been my fave so far,woke up feeling eerily hungover:egad: think it's the flonase,I'mshit canning it,ddon't need side effects when it doesn't even work that great anyways, hope everyone is having a nice day, will be back
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy birthday Dottie! Hope it was a great one!

Comment

Morning all,
              Had a really nice time yesterday. He brought me a big bouquet of flowers and a card. Very nice for a second date. I will see him again this weekend.
              Pauly no the guy who wanted me to move in was not the fellow who wants to dance.....I think this guy is underwater in his house and is looking for someone to bail him out. And he didn't like driving so far to see me....well phooey on him. The fellow yesterday drove over an hour so no loss there. He was OK but not a keeper.
              Gym today and hopefully I will hear from the dancing fellow.
              This is so very strange....feel like I am juggling 3 men....well this weekend should calm down. John, dance guy, has his daughters in town for fathers day, Bob is off on youth trip with his church, and Art will drive an hour to spend time with me....he is short...but nice and seems lonely and needy. But he is a lawyer and drives a nice car...I am so shallow...LOL
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Haha Dots,so am I screw the broke guy,we ain't out to rescue anyone financially! These guys sound really nice though, just enjoy it, hope someone hears from K9,I really miss her waves to all, I've got to get the rest of my face on

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Quiet here today. Has anyone heard from Nora? I'm a little worried about her.
                  Nora please check in.
                  Just hanging with my boys tonight. Cjs home too, so I think it'll be a good nights sleep for me.
                  Hope you're all doing ok.

Comment

I'm sorry....I will check in tomorrow. Thank you all for being here. Still in shock
                    and trying to cope.
                    Xx
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

((((Nora))))

Date with John was really good. He is nice looking and knows how to dress and treat a lady. Extra points!! OH and good kisser too....hhhhmmmmm
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Ooooh Dots! So happy that you're having fun Nora,so sorry you're going through this,hugs sweetie, wish K9 would check in but dunno if things will ever be like they were around here before, hope everyone has a great day

Comment

Morning all,
                          No dates for today. Meeting tonight of the alumni for the police class I took. They are having a speaker from them IRS.
                          Art, the Jewish fellow, wants to go out this weekend. I just feel bad that he lives over an hour away but if he is willing to drive who am I to argue with him..;-))

Pauly you are right I dont think it will ever be the same here. But whoever shows up we are here to support them.
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Thanks for all the support. He is going to talk to a couple of lawyers today. His girlfriend is wonderful and is being supportive. This is definitely going to move their marriage plans back. I'm just hoping that it's not a really long jail sentence.

Dottie - I'm so glad that you are getting out & meeting people. Fantastic.

Love & hugs to everyone. I'm at work and can't stay on here. I'll try to post tonight. Yesterday I threw my back out and just went home & laid down.

Have a great day everyone.

Oh - just want to tell Pauly & Liz how great you are doing on the drinking. YAHOO!!!
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Oh Nora (((hugs)))!!! And now your back? Come here and let my hubby adjust your back! He works wonders. Will you keep us posted on your son, or would you rather not talk about it? Are you managing ok? I'm here if you need me.

Dottie, I'm with you, if he wants to drive don't argue. Enjoy keeping busy. I'm happy, that you're doing so well. Don't think I'd be dealing as well as you seem to be.

Good busy day for me! Went to the cafe and helped CJ. I love my little girl, I'm so proud of how hard she is working, here and at her real job! My parents live in the same town as the cafe so I stopped by to see them for awhile. Mom was baking for Sunday, as she is having us all over! Of course she fed me. Went shopping, got my hair cut, made dinner, walked the dog and yes now I'm exhausted.

Comment

Pauly I agree, it's not the same here. But like Dottie says, I'm here no matter what.

Thank you all for being here. It's so good to be able to support one another :love:

Comment

Working...
                                X