No announcement yet.

One Step at a time - June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geez it's been chilly here the past few days. Winter jammies and off to bed for me.

Comment

Posted by mama bear:
      Where the heck is everyone????
      LOL Mama, I hate to tell you this, darlin' but WE'VE all been here...you're the one who's been missing!!:welldone::love: HAHAHHAAH!!!! I know you've been working a TON of hours. Any chance you might get a raise for earning this certification? So excellent about the big, potential business!

I have some work to do before I go to bed but I'll see you all in the morning. :-)

Comment

Evening all,
        Had a really good day with a new friend. We walked for over an hour then went out to dinner.
        Tomorrow is the gym then train club BOD meeting.
        Anyone heard from K9???? I am worried about her.
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hey all,Liz,excellent news on the work visa dang they waited til the last minute! Dots,glad you had a nice visit with your friend, I'm not sure what's up with K9,hopefully Mama or Nora can text her today,we're missing Sunni too,maybe she's still in England?day off today finally, this week has dragged ass!stupid people at work, the world series of poker is going on and those guys are cocky little shits! They come into the shop and act like they want to be waited on hand and foot,ain't happening, plus the full moon made people weird,plus its the first week of the month and all the government check people come in for haircuts, plus my kids are nuts,I'm overwhelmed, calgon take me away!where's the blankie fort? I'm in for the weekend with a giant bag of Doritos,a whole pepperoni and mushroom pizza,I might share? hi Rusty,Mama,Nora,Mama,let's have a peaceful Friday please
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello all,
            Gym then meeting tonight. Need to find something to do this weekend.
            It is HOT again. Garden needs attention and some other things around the house. I am just not into it right now so I guess if the garden is a mess so be it.
            Happy Friday!!
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hey Dottie, Pauly, Lizzie,

Great to hear from all of you!

Pauly, I read your posts on the ABS threads, and I commend you for being honest enough and strong enough to seek the support of people who are continuously AF and remind you every day of the benefits of it. We don't do it here outwardly enough...I realize that. I miss you when you don't post but I know where to find you when I do. HUGS

Comment

Hello all -

Rusty - thank you for pointing out Pauly's posts. I haven't read over there - I do post on 'Anyone in The First Week......' and follow her on there.

You are right that we need to seek the support of people that are continuously AF. I know that it helps me immensely. I am finally feeling better with the ear infection/sinus infection and plan on starting the Naltrexone tomorrow. I am also planning on starting a little journal of all the helpful posts that I read. Something for me to read at moments when I feel weak. I didn't get a chance to start it yet but I plan to either tonight or this weekend.
                I don't have a problem about anyone having a beer or a glass of wine or Mama going out on date night - I just know for me that is not an option. I don't want a drink....I want to NUMB myself. Does that make sense?
                (Mama - I love you & am so happy that you have reached that point. I don't think that is an option for me though. )

Anyway - haven't had a chance to read back yet. I'm going to do that now & I'll be back. I just saw Rusty's post and wanted to comment.
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Pauly - I'm already in the blankie fort. Come on over - bring the dorritos and I'll eat the pizza with mushrooms, no meat. LMAO

I chatted with Sunni (texted on Skype) while she was in England. I think she is home now and in the midst of the move!!! I will check on her this weekend.

I'm worried about K9 too but I don't want to be to pushy. I hope that everything is ok.

Dottie - I am so impressed with the class that you took. Not that I want to shoot anyone but how great that you got all this experience!

We had an awful thing happen in our neighborhood a couple days ago. Stabbing
                  This is a couple blocks away. This is such a quiet neighborhood. We are shocked.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Liz - so great that your son was FINALLY approved for his work visa!!! When do you leave? I forget.

Pauly - geez - sounds awful today. Full moon is right! Hubby & I still want to go to Vegas so I'll let you know. We don't do anything but the atomic museum is there and things like that. Neither one of us likes to gamble or party. But, it's something to do.

Mama - I'm so happy that you passed your test. You are just working your butt off. How is hubby's job situation?

Hello to everyone - Jane, SK and everyone. I just got the new Stephen King book and have now decided that I'm going to reread Mr. Mercedes so I have a busy weekend ahead. LOL

Hubby has been working on our kitchen drain for hours and I think he finally got it unplugged. We rent, for goodness sakes. But sometimes, it is just easier to do it ourselves.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Glad you're feeling better Nora,I too know that I'm not able to have 1 or 2 ,I'll never be able to, the more AF time I put in,the sicker I get when I try to drink,so shoot,if I could stop at a couple I'm sure that I would have drank this week,these kids have driven me half insane this past week, disturbing my peace! Still in the blankie fort,although I left briefly for ice cream
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Yum - ice cream is worth leaving the fort! LMAO :harhar:
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Meeting was boring.....glad I am home to relax.
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Good morning! I'm glad this thread is a little busier today. Went out to dinner with some friends I haven't seen in awhile. We went to a Cuban place right by the NYC skyline. Just a fun wonderful night. Hoping to get in the pool later but it's cloudy right now. Hopefully it will clear up. So the excitement about my sons visa has died down. He tried for two hours yesterday to get an appt with the Swiss consulate in NYC, to no avail. It's just infuriating how this process works. So yet again we are not sure if he is going,
                            I'll check back with you all later, have a good one. Mama, rest up!

Comment

Morning all...Hubby and I are heading out to breakfast. Have a great day!!
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning all,
                                Off to run a few errands. I am looking into on line dating thingies. A little scary but I need to get out and do some more things. I hate sitting here on the weekends. The meet up groups seem to be on the other side of town so not sure what to do at this point. I dont plan to spend the rest of my life alone but meeting someone new is scary. Just thinking out loud here.
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X