Come one, come all.............no rules super sober Sunday June 7th 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come one, come all.............no rules super sober Sunday June 7th 2015

First Sunday in June I'd like to see a very big SHOUT OUT here from members who have been here a while, those just starting out again and those just starting out for the very first time. Its the day of the week you can blow your own trumpet.........

Remember each and every one of us here started with a day one, which became a day two, then a week, then a month and then .............to infinity and beyond.

SHOUT IT LOUD AND PROUD AND STAY STRONG AND KEEP THINKING POSITIVE ONE AND ALL LET'S GIVE OUR BEST TOGETHER .

So don't be shy and give it a try...........

Let the time and date calender take the strain from your brain when you're counting...............http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

For me its 2161 days from the start date or 5 years, 11 months excluding the end date.................to be continued:happy2:
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Result: 713 days
    1 year, 11 months, 14 days
    Thanks Jacks for keeping this thread going without fail.:heart:

And thanks to MWO
    Though I am missing how lively MWO used to be and how lots of posting by different folks in different walks of life made for great reading.
    We used to reiterate how GREAT we all are for what we have achieved and offer tips & tricks to those starting out.
    I know I shouldn't always need validation - that the pride should come from inside yadda yadda yadda - but this is the only place I get it ...... from others in the same boat.
    My family still do not see - REALLY- what the issue was..... how bad it had got ....... and that I needed to change.
    Only someone who has been / is there knows :thumbsup:

Comment

Happy Sunday JC and Satz

Satz i know no one understands an alkie like a fellow alkie. As much as some of my friends try to understand they just dont get it to the full extent. Being fully accepted for what i am means the world to me, i dont have to hide what i am and i am happy with who i have now become.

553 days can be converted to one of these units:
      47,779,200 seconds
      796,320 minutes
      13,272 hours
      553 days
      79 weeks

I truly am grateful for my cyber friends who helped me get to the here and now. xx
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

10 months, 28 days

Comment

It is 864 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date
          Or 2 years, 4 months, 14 days excluding the end date
          ••••

To everyone posting here today: Great job!

Comment

758, ain't it great!!
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Well by golly, that's another week for me!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well by golly, another week for me too!

Comment

By golly, another week for me, too. And since Ava counted for me - 552 days.

I agree Satz - I need the fellowship of you all who TRULY understand.

Pav

Comment

Molls brill to see you back :hug:

Result: 1069 days
                    It is 1069 days from the start date to the end date, end date included
                    Or 2 years, 11 months, 4 days including the end date
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

685 days who would have thought it?An old drinking associate approached me offering drugs and noticing where I was living last week.

I said no thanks,I have not touched drugs for many years and also no longer drink alcohol. He was clutching a can of lager.

I have moved house so that is no longer a risk.
                      I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

1881 Days
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by Soft Focus
                          Another sober Sunday for me. Nearly got side-swiped by a party with friends I hadn't seen for ages, and whilst joining in on the boozing would have been great, staying sober was eeeeeeven better.
                          Oh Softy - it wouldn't have been great after the second drink - because you'd be in the pit again falling downwards - you know it - we all know it :thumbsup:
                          I see Mick is coming up to 3 years - I would have been within a day of him but decided to break off my 'fast'.
                          For a wedding in August '12, for a holiday in OZ in December '12 and a Greek holiday in June 2013.
                          Each time I went back I felt worse and the last time I went back was the end for me - it had lost it's appeal completely.

It just was not worth it - I felt crappy

To me NOTHING is a good as being sober feels ......

Comment

My vacation over the past week was outstanding, made better by the absence of alcohol for me. Anothe month completed, I'll reach three years in September.
                            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

1601 as of yesterday! I just had a vacation also, Sunbeam! It was wonderful to be free of the burdens of AL! B
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                              X