Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite soft Tipple?????

Hi everyone,

I'm sure there has been a thread about this before, but I was wondering what soft drinks you all like to drink.

I'm back on day 2 af today and feeling a little bit twitchy, well into the witching hours and waiting for Big Brother to come on.

I am trying a new drink called "Straightcut" by Schweppes and it is quite good. I'm trying the Grapefruit and Madarin varitety and I've poured it into a pretty Wine glass and added ice. They do a Pomegranate one as well which I might try tomorrow. Funny thing is I chose the Grapefruit one because it only has 8 kcals per 250ml (think the Pomegranate one is 40 kcal per 250ml) but I never stop to think about the calories in alcohol. Weird isn't it???

Oh well, this is just a bit of fun, something to keep my old brain occupied.

Kitty
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
    Confucius

Kitty, here in the US my favorite soda is Sprite Zero. Love it. I really like it mixed with Welch's lite white grape juice. I must have my morning diet coke as well! And being from the south something that probably sounds awful to you, iced tea. heheh
    Smiles
    Mar

Comment

Thanks Mar,

We have iced tea here too and it's quite nice, iced coffee is one of my favorites too. Starbucks Frappaccino is lovely!!

Kitty
      Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
      Confucius

Comment

I love Sprite Zero as well, I just wish they would make a diet or zero calorie of the new flavor of Sprite which I like even better! I drink a lot of tea from Teavana. All loose leaf and blows any tea bag you've ever had out of the water. My favorite is Rose Roobios and Rasperry Sangria.

Teavana - Home

You can order it online as there are only a handful of store locations.
        If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

I cant stand soft drinks anymore becuase of the Topa
          Hablur

Comment

I've had and really liked Presidents Choice,diet sparkling green apple soda, they also have a pomagranit soda that is nice... I still enjoy the odd diet orange crush too... I make my own ice tea, I brew 4 teabags, Pour melted concentrated lemonade into a gallon container... Add the brewed tea and add any type of sweetener or sugar to taste... A nice wedge of lemon in the glass along with some cubes. Now that's summer ! Now that I've learned about the harm of diet pop I only have a few Fri and Sat... I really love good old water or decaf tea or coffee.. Gotta be real coffee in the morning though.. Great Thread ! Fun! ~Niblet~

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

I never knew they had Starbucks in Wales, Kitty. Cool!

You must be in Canada, Niblet. Presidents Choice Brand is sold in Superstore/Extra Foods here in BC.

I am completely a water or coffee drinker. I have my two cups of coffee in the morning, drink LOTS of water during the day and then before dinner I have another cup of coffee. Call me BOOOOORING!

I have never liked soda/pop - ever, and anything flavoured I only drank in the form of alcohol.

Comment

Life water and vitamin water work for me. It's funny how I was worrying about the hydrolyzed corn syrup in it, and then I started thinking of all of the other stuff I could be drinking instead and decided it was the least of the evils.
                Here we go again.

AL FREE since Saturday the 14th of March 2009

Comment

Sparkling mineral water with a slice of lemon or lime... soooo refreshing!
                  :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Kitty

I had to laugh when you mentioned caloires. I do the exact same thing.

I like the lemon and lime straightcut (no added sugar one)...again due to the calories, but also because with crushed ice it resembles a margharita! Well it does once I'm drinking it from my cocktail glass with salt around the rim and an umbrella and a straw.....

Comment

Club soda with lime when at a bar. Love rooibos as iced tea! I have been drinking a lot more herb tea lately, and that seems to help with suppressing my appetite a bit. Sometimes I'll have a nice grape or pomegranate-blueberry juice in a wine glass with dinner.
                      "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Comment

Propel water. Especially the Melon or Peach

Comment

Hablur, I cant stand anything but water since Topa either

Comment

Mountain Dew. I've even cut back on that these days.

Julie

Comment

Working...
                            X