Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARMY...................MOON GATES NOW OPEN..........week beginning 21st June 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I had a close call with AL earlier this week. My 88-year-old mum is not doing well, and I've been very sad. I don't cry very often but this week I made up for it. I actually stopped at the liquor store and was intending to buy something very powerful but luckily talked myself out of it. My mother is the person I love most in the world and I cannot imagine my life without her. Frightening that after 3 years of sobriety, the beast can try and bite me in the ass when I'm down.
    Hey, Rusty. I've been thinking about this since I read it yesterday. Given that you're a Midwesterner, too, I'm hoping you won't be offended by my direct approach to what is concerning me. (To those of you across the pond, we're known for not beating around the bush and sometimes being a little too blunt...).

I'm concerned that you made it all the way to the liquor store. I know from your posts how much you value and love your AF life and would be devastated if you lost it. I'm not at all shocked that you felt the way you did and that the escape we all know is so dang effective was alluring, but it worries me that you did not reach out for help before deciding to go to the store.

You are such a help to others on MWO but I hope you feel like you can ask for help, too. The first time I posted about wanting to drink after several months of feeling very strong and posting wildly about the virtues of AF living, I felt really embarrassed but because MWO is my only source of support, I decided to just get it out here. The responses from others with much more time AF than I had were so reassuring. It didn't mean that I had been 'faking it' for all those months and was a total hypocrite or that I was still actively addicted - old responses die hard and maybe at some level, will always be there. Anyway, the people here helped me get my head back to where I wanted it to be.

Like I said yesterday, situations like the one you're experiencing are looming for me. My parents still are very important people in my life and frankly, I cannot really let myself imagine their being gone. It will be tough. But, I don't want to find myself at the liquor store. And I don't want you to go there again, either :hug:. Please be sure to have all the support you may need in place during what may be a challenging time. PM me if you'd like to exchange phone numbers.

xx NS

Comment

Hellloooooooooooooooooooooo, some one be a love and stick the kettle on............. I'm home.
      Can't stop long as we're going to a wee family do this evening.

What can I say about The Who...........................FANTASTIC.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Me thinks I never should have been so candid and posted here.

Comment

Yo Rustyredlocks,
          Open and candid is good, love. :hug:Bottling things up will only make a situation worse.........what a blooming stoopid phrase 'bottling up' is to use on a website like this.

Gee must go supposed have been at cousin's 20 mins ago.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I agree JC, not being open did for me on many an occasion, its good to talk. And that coming from a MAN hahahahaha
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

I was worried about you, Rusty, and did not at all mean to sound judgmental. I guess I wish you had felt like you could post candidly before you did and spare yourself the stress you must have felt. I'm sorry I butted in to your business.

Comment

OMG...what a mess I have created, and I so did NOT mean to. I can't stand DRAMA. I don't want you to leave at all, Molly...you are such an inspiration to people here.

NS-
                I'm sorry I butted in to your business.
                That's ok, I know meant well.

I have to get to the nursery before it closes. All my hanging baskets of petunias died whilst I was in Florida, working. Why I find that funny, I have no clue.:happy2:

Comment

Morning
                  There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Hello Bandit, it's a beautiful morning, of all the days I love waking on a Sunday morning without a hangover the most.
                    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Morning army the sun is out after a rainy start.

Comment

Morning...........

I can now do the we'll only stay for an hour and end up staying ages thing sober......:happy2:

Last edited by JackieClaire; June 28, 2015, 04:41 AM.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

They're grand....all on cracking form. The babies are little girls now. :egad:

You'd think I'd had 10 pints of lager my voice is so low and hoarse..............god we can talk at volume.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

If you hurry Reggie.............they're heading Glastonbury tonight........

Highlight of the evening Roger hitting the famous high note of Won't get Fooled Again like a 20 year old.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

You know, Reggie, I'd muttered and moaned about being dragged into a field (fair enough Hyde Park) to watch a geriatric band surrounded by drunks, plastic glasses under my feet, sitting on the stuffy Tube.....................but I would do it all again in the blink of eye.
                              Last edited by JackieClaire; June 28, 2015, 05:39 AM.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
                                I will leave -- again -- if that's what you want ---- no way would I be the cause of you leaving --- okay xx
                                Ah FFS what is going on here

Comment

Working...
                                X