Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a time - July 2015

Morning all,
    Thought I would start us off with a July thread. I can not believe it is July already.
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Thank you Dottie! I was just looking to see how to start it, you beat me to it.

Comment

Liz my pleasure. Fresh start to a new month.
      Come on folks lets get posting!!!!
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Happy July friends
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I am just home, so I going to eat and go to bed.
          The first of the month is always a bitch in my business,
          Happy July!! I can't believe it either....
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hello everyone!!!!!!

I hope that more people come over & post this month. Don't lurk - just join us.

Thanks Dots for starting us off.

Liz - have a FANTASTIC vacation, (just in case I don't catch you before you leave).

Mama - your stress is unbelievable. I truly hope that you can get a break. I love you friend!

Ok - here is the update on me........I have backed completely away with my son and his DUI. He is almost 30 years old and this is for him to work on. I love him more than life itself but I cannot make this better. I adore his 'wife to be' even though they aren't 'officially' engaged.......she is sticking by him during this. I occasionally ask for updates.
            My great niece & nephew are coming over tomorrow and spending a couple of days. We are so excited. She is 16 (she wants to bond with my son's girlfriend & my nephew 12 has been too busy for us )
            Anyway, things are going ok here.
            I have decided that I just need to keep the AB in my system. I am so unhappy at work and too much stress at home.........I just need to play it safe. So, I'm not thrilled with how I am being AF but I think this is my best bet at the moment. Of course, I am continuing with daily meditations, etc. but, I need this safety net.
            Ok - enough about me. Time for my next Disney movie.
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good Evening Friends,

I have just returned from Cleveland and just have off until Sunday when I have to drive to Minnesota, so I'm going to make the best of my time!! I am looking forward to my weekend with fun things planned: dinner with close friends tomorrow...lunch with another friend on Friday, and topping off the 4th with fireworks at the beach with one of my closest friends and her family. We had a blast together last year.

Nora-that must have been soooo hard to back of your son and his DUI, but I think you did the right thing. You have to protect yourself...especially this is his 2nd DUI. Wow, a tough lesson to learn. I think you are VERY wise to keep the AB in your system...and very courageous. You are not in denial...you don't want to drink and Antabuse gives you the confidence that you won't....because you know the consequences if you drink on AB. Good for you for recognizing those work triggers (oh, do I know how you feel). Hey, I thought of you this week. I was auditing at a plant near Cleveland this week, and this plant has the SQF Food certification. They supply plastic buckets for ice cream to Wal-Mart. OMG...I could never be a Food Auditor. I had to take off all my jewelry...I had to wear gloves because French nails aren't allowed. Fortunately, they didn't say anything about my eyelash extensions until I brought it up about an hour before I left...but those aren't allowed either!! I guess they don't want eyelashes falling in someone's chocolate ice cream!! HAhaha
              Enjoy your visit with your great-niece and great-nephew.

Lizz-are you all packed? I wanted to mention that the ship will probably have AA meetings if you're interested. They are not called AA meetings on the ship...they are called "The Friends of Bill W" meetings...according to my sober aunt who went on an Alaskan cruise recently. We will so miss you!!!

Mama-you busy bee...I hope you get to take this weekend off.

Pauly-how are you?

Big hellos to everyone else. Off to bed. No 4:00 AM alarm for me tomorrow!!!!

Comment

Morning all,
                Lunch today with an old flame. Anxious to see if he remembers why we stopped seeing each other...I have no clue.
                Gym later too. Gloomy and rain again....I took dogs out this morning and got at least 3 mosquito bites...good grief.
                Pauly how ya doing today?? Do you have a plan for the holiday weekend??? Take the AB maybe????
                Hello Rusty, Nora, mama and Liz.
                K9 Where the heck R U?????
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Good morning guys. Nice to see you all posting. Keeping busy. Mostly packed. Don't know what to do with myself now. Getting a mani and a pedi with Erin in a bit. Maybe some pool time too. Taking Lucy to my parents later. I'm going to miss her so much. She's cuddling with me right now.
                  Nora, for what it's worth I think your doing the right thing with your son. I'm thinking maybe I should be taking AB. Is it prescription?
                  Rusty you weekend sounds fun! I will be thinking of you today when I get my French nails. Still not sure if I will do the gels.
                  Dottie keep us posted! Not walking my dog today, she's too clean!
                  Mama, are you off Friday?
                  Have a good one!

Comment

Hey...just home again and yes, I am off tomorrow. I have had a horrendous toothache for the past two days, so I may end up at the dentist tomorrow. Boo hiss.
                    Lizz - have fun and hopefully you will manage the booze. It's hard when you are on vacation.
                    Rusty, your posts always make me laugh. Eyelashes in the ice cream? Ewwwww.Enjoy your weekend off.
                    Dots - let us know why you broke up, ok!!
                    Nora - you are doing the right thing. I am sorry about Casey. I would be a wreck if that were one of my boys.
                    I am going to take a pain pill and hopefully sleep. Last night and today were long.......but I got my insurance card.
                    I miss you K9.
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I miss K9 too Mama,hope you sleep tooth pain is the worst!hot and humid here, heat don't bug me but humidity definitely does,its not even high in numbers but for us its high,hope everyone is enjoying the rest of the day
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Lunch date with old flame was nice. We talked for 2.5 hours about where we have been for the last 30 years and so much more. I doubt it will develop into much more than a friendship but he lives pretty close so there is something to be said for that. He is 10 years older too. We hugged goodbye. I will see him at the monthly meetings. He was trying to talk me into taking over his job as secretary. I told him I was smarter than that...He is so very smart and educated. A Brit and he still has a bit of an accent. He couldn't remember why we stopped seeing each other either so I guess I didn't do anything bad.
                        We are going to meet for lunch again.
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hi ladies, I remember a while back one of you asking about fen (fennel I presume?) and as I was reading MWO at work this afternoon I noticed she/he was online, reading this thread, but didn't post. I was going to pm him/her, but thought I'd ask around on him/her home thread first...
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Dottie you date sounds nice. You are keeping busy.
                            Mama, toothaches are the worst! Hope it's nothing to big to fix.
                            Pauly, yes humidity is the worst. Did you get your steps in this morning? I walked this afternoon and it wasn't too hot. Well off to help hubby pack. Why wouldn't he leave it until the last minute.
                            After that I'm heading to the blanket fort. I just wanna be there tonight.

Comment

Yes, I miss her!

Comment

Working...
                              X