Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARMY..................week beginning 10th August 2015!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ARMY..................week beginning 10th August 2015!!!

The start of another week...........lets make it a good 'un.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Morning JC. Nice pic.
    Sun shining here. Hi ho hi ho...
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning Mary,
      One moment please..............GLITZY WE'RE OVER HERE.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning ladies, starting my week with a funeral this morning, a friends dad died suddenly.

I was thinking to myself this morning about this getting sober state of mind, well maybe it's the other way around, if we are sober very morning when we awake then it's actually about not getting drunk instead of getting sober. I think we already have the gift of sobriety as our bodies evict the poison, it is up to us not to change that state if that makes any sense. No picking up that first drink for me today, I will try and get back on here tonight if it gets hard and bore you all.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Or maybe I am just waffling on...

Comment

I like this post from Molly last night:

"seriously tho -- it's great to be able to come here and chew the cud with our mates and just chit chat and moan or whatever -- but it's essential that we never forget WHY we are here... it's not FB it's a recovery site...."

Comment

Morning Tabbers,

Waffle away, darling. I've always had a notion that stopping drinking was the easy part.............its the staying stopped that's hard.

There's a mountain of books out there about getting sober but off the top of my head can only think of one about staying stopped...............its an AA book called Living Sober............funnily enough Mr JC found it a great help to him to see what I was having to face.

And you can bore me silly any time you like, love.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

morning.

Comment

Getting a couple of consecutive days together was/is always hard for me as a 365 days a year drinker. Once I can do that it becomes much easier with the exception of the odd bad day but I guess we all have them.
                  Then that little voice pops up completely out of the blue to tell me it's ok, it wasn't that bad, you can have two that causes the downfall. Ridiculous when you consider it. I really thought I had it, this time was different. However, I have to say my recent descent brought absolutely nothing to the table, I didn't even enjoy the taste of it so maybe something is changing plus I didn't run away and hide for a month, giving myself permission to continue. See I told you I could waffle on.

Comment

i cant remember who said it so i cant cite them, if i want a drink(s) that much i really shouldnt have them. if i tell myself i could take or leave it, then leave it. something like that anyway.

Comment

Morning Roxxxxxxxy,

Its saying no to the first one........blooming sight harder than the second...........and the third's a given and by four who said I've gorra problem...........five lets book an expensive holiday on line...........six lets put some loud music on and dance.............seven......nobody loves me................eight or is it nine or 10...........what the hell..........I'm having a great time even if nobody loves me.............5 hours later wake up with cushion stuck to face...........not only does nobody love me they're not speaking to me either.

Now I must away to work at the addiction place.:happy2:
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I hear you tabbers on that fecking voice.
                        My husband had a glass of wine yesterday. He left the room and I immediately thought about taking a big swig out of the glass (cos thats what I would do, take some of his so theres more for me, sad.. greedy). I looked in the fridge and there was a half bottle left and thought, whats the point, thats only going to last me a half hour. It was a backward argument that I shouldnt have even entertained, but I am seriously stubborn at the moment, so thats helping too.
                        I definitely cant take it, so I left it..
                        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Afternoon army I found the right thread lol. An AA saying is one drink is too much and serveral isn't enough. Yeah staying stopped was always my problem too. Must look for that book sober living I don't think I have come across that one. Have to tackle the back garden today so sick of all this garden work its hard for one person and its making me grumpy but i'll get on with it. 2nd coffee and some cheese on toast then i'll make a start. Well done Mary and Tabbers you are doing well. Every day sober day counts never quit quiting.

Comment

Hello Army!! :checkin:

Very interesting posts today. KTAB - you are saying what is in my head!

I am doing suprisingly well. No 'major' cravings as of yet. I know that it will come and am trying to be prepared. I have tried to change some things so that I don't end up at the store alone. That bottle fits right into my purse and can slip right into the house to hide. Very early in the quit for me so just taking it a moment at a time.
                            It wasn't good for me anymore either. It was just something to do to knock me out. Not a good way to live.

Ok - back to work. Have a fantastic day/evening everyone!
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good afternoon/evening Empty house since 6 am this morning so had a lovely day pottering around. Just had a message from a lovely couple we met when we did our rafting trip in the Grand Canyon. They have arrived in Dublin from San Francisco and wondered if we could meet up. Anyway off to greece soon

Comment

Working...
                              X