Add/adhd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add/adhd

I do not have ADD but my husband does. I am really having a hard time with his behavior right now. Is there anyone out there that suffers from ADD or lives with an ADD partner or child that would be willing to talk about it? If it is through a PM I am totally fine with that.
    I guess what I am looking for is ways to communicate or phrase things better so he will understand. I have read and tried everything I can think of to get through to him but it just is not working. I am afraid my resentment towards him will lead me to drinking thoughts and I definitely do not want that.
    If anyone can help me please send me a PM.

Thanks,
    JackieM

Jackie, I have no experience with this. Have you considered counseling with your husband? Perhaps professional input is what is really needed.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

It is hard to find a counselor (at least in my area) that specifically deals with ADD. My husband saw a psychiatrist on his own and it did more harm than good.

Comment

It is weird how that can happen Jackie, situ with psychiatrist. I have had similar experiences when seeking help... Not that professional help is a bad idea it just takes time, effort, and luck to find someone you click with, maybe keep trying?
        (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Working...
        X