Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARMY..................week beginning 14th September 2015!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a chicken and lentil curry on the stove if you want a go at that, Molls.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I spent all day on it.............go on just a little bit.

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
        just had a bacon sandwich and chocolate chip cookies -- so I'm fed.... did you treat yourself to some little thing today Mary? I used to have like little mini birthdays all to myself --
        That's funny Molly, unconsciously I did, only copped it now. Booked appointments for my hair AND new specs - its a MaryMakeOver!
        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

good for you mary.

Comment

There you go ---- doin the right thing automatic loike!!! good for you indeed -- there can appear to be 'no point' to all of this at the beginning sometimes so a wee treat is a really good idea imo x
            Hi Army - wow, perfect timing for reading this! I am struggling with 'the point' of all of this right now! I have been doing some things for myself so I guess that is good. Trying to get into a good mind set.
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Evening all. Been keeping myself busy, that is helpful in that a) it's productive and b) if I really get absorbed in it (living in the present) I can spend long(ish) periods of time with no alcohol thoughts at all.

Made a start on The Book I Have In Me, which is, as it turns out, a children's book.

Getting used to the new digs...

Comment

Just heard on the telly :
                We pay 10 euro on average for an bottle of wine in this country.
                The wine is only worth 3 euro ( that's what you'd pay in France for same wine) and the rest is Irish tax.
                So the wine we buy is basically shite in Ireland.
                Some people get the ferry to France - load up - with basically 3 years supply in a van :egad:
                Another of the many many reasons I'm thankful to be AF
                - but WHERE has the tenner a day gone ????? WHERE ?? :headscratch:

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
                  Hi Army - wow, perfect timing for reading this! I am struggling with 'the point' of all of this right now! I have been doing some things for myself so I guess that is good. Trying to get into a good mind set.
                  Hello lovely, here's my take on things............when we were drinking we felt we weren't worthy of anything (or at least that was the case with me).............so when we stop and we buy something when we get sober even a wee bunch of flowers there's still some guilt in there..............but if that small thing gives us even the smallest lift of mood its worth more than the words can say. We can look at those flowers and know we're doing the right thing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thank you! I wasn't able to get back on to post from work. But, thank you for your replies.
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Quick fly by (notice I have the jargon)
                        Very busy in a nice way going to sort the grandchildren out --that is take them to school then off to the physio and after that going to Chester to meet an old friend.
                        Hope everyone is OK and well done YAM on 60+ days
                        Probably AWOL again as I have a cross country race this evening!
                        Love the sober life especially in the mornings!!

Comment

that knackers me just reading that anon.

Comment

Morning Mrs A, Roxxxxxxxxy,
                            Got to zoooooooooooooom as I'm off to the dentist............again.........sigh.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning all. Early into work today, no stress getting ready for school, doesnt happen very often, but nice..

Originally posted by roxane View Post
                              that knackers me just reading that anon.
                              haha.. shes not called Whizzy for nothing!

..just realised I forgot to put the chooks in last night -- thankfully no foxes nor nothin round..
                              they look a bit bewildered this morn -- not sure if they went in anyway
                              Ours normally go in themselves when its dark, but we have a added a few ex battery hens into the mix and things were entertaining out there this week!

Comment

Hope the teeth are ok JC.. good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X