Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ARMY..................week beginning 14th September 2015!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

even weirder, molly your post with the quotes wasnt there a minute ago but the part addressing nora was.................odd.

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
      I remember standing there with a packet of firelighters and a box of tissues and then sort of with a sigh as if I've remembered that my husband or someone asked me to get it 'oh and I'd better take a bottle of vodka as well' ---- in SUCH a disinterested way.....

VERY odd --- I've lost quite a few posts recently as well - thought maybe it was me being thick --- but maybe not......?
      bib. yep.

Comment

Originally posted by roxane View Post
        hi nora. going to different suppliers so they dont know im a big drinker. oh how i fooled them all. i am almost proud of my shopping now.
        Oh my gosh! Yes! Yes! Yes! Oh no, this huge bottle of tequilla isn't for me, it's a gift. I went to this store on Monday so I'll go to this one today. On & on & on.........
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I used to do the big shop and stick 6 bottles of wine in..............been a stressful week dontcha know.......... then nip to another place and get 2 bottles of wine for the weekend..........then on Monday........start a new rotation.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

out of the mouths of babes.

Comment

I'm squirming for you.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Oh, that is a tough one, Molly, and look how we all related - SQUIRM!! I'm sure all those clerks "know" - just like we can recognize the behavior in others now. Sometimes I have the urge to stop the poor person and tell them it doesn't have to be that way. But then I think of how I would have reacted if someone had done that to me and so say nothing.

I sometimes did buy a lot so it would look like we were having a party but then I had to figure out where to hide the extras once I hauled them home. Good lord it was practically a full time job!!!

Comment

Hilarious, thought they were my tricks!
                  I used to always tell the person on the till that I was having a dinner party (clearly I was getting the food catered!) and it annoyed me when the person didnt speak english cos I couldnt explain my trolly to those around me.

The then the gin/vodka - big fuss made about this as 'I dont drink spirits, what do you think my guests would like?'
                  AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                    Sometimes I have the urge to stop the poor person and tell them it doesn't have to be that way. But then I think of how I would have reacted if someone had done that to me and so say nothing.
                    NS - I would have died on the spot and probably drank even more!

Comment

Mrs Yam it used to amaze me that an alkie in OZ, another in the USA and me..............would all do exactly the same thing.

Going to watch the end of the Rugby.
                      Last edited by JackieClaire; September 18, 2015, 03:18 PM.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                        Mrs Yam it used to amaze me that an alkie in OZ, another in the USA and me..............would all do exactly the same thing.
                        Me too, what great minds.

hands up who's suffered through a corked bottle of red?
                        Moved to white cos it was more reliable plus less tell tale stains.

I once removed 8 dead fruit flies from my glass and before I finished it. Gross.

Comment

What's wrong with consuming a few cork-chunks :wink:?? It is amazing how low a person can go, isn't it? I switched to white at one point because I didn't like it so thought that would do the trick. Turns out I just started liking it - a lot! So then I gave up and went back to red.

Comment

Red gave me a terrible hangover:hahaha:

Comment

Well, me too! You'd think that would have mattered, wouldn't you??!

Comment

Came off the red wine ....
                                Moved to Gin & slimline tonic - 'cos it had less calories.

What a dope

Comment

Working...
                                X