Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - October 2015

October already. Hard to believe.

Everyone is welcome to the October thread. Let's make October a good one!

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Not only is it October already, it's THURSDAY already! I can't believe how quickly the days fly.

I love the above quote, Nora.

Comment

Thanks Nora, love it!
      Not happy it's October, but what can we do. Still had the air conditioner on yesterday and I think we'll be turning on the heat tonight! Fall decorations are up around the house.
      No real plans for today, and that's usually where I get into trouble. Think maybe I'll go shopping. Have a good Thursday guys.

Comment

Morning all
        Cool here. Needed a hoodie to take doggies out this morning.
        I love fall and the change of seasons. Love to walk in the part and smell the air.
        Going to attempt to catch up today. Laundry is calling my name and a few other chores too.
        Going to do my running training at home and go to group at my friends house. She needs my support more than I need to drive 20 miles to run with the group.
        Man front is kind of stale at the moment. Date tomorrow night with Greg I think. Train club meeting on Sunday...Saturday is open to the highest bidder...LOL
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hey all,happy October, meh,I don't feel like dealing with the holidays again, think that's why my moods been a downer lately,Nora thank you for your support, I just needed a shoulder to cry/bitch on,I really appreciate the time you gave me anyways hello to all off to finish getting ready
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning all -

Pauly - great to see you.

I'll be in the blankie fort until further notice. Everyone feel free to join me.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
              Morning all -

Pauly - great to see you.

I'll be in the blankie fort until further notice. Everyone feel free to join me.
              I'm in!

I kicked butt getting my car to the dealership for the tune-up, picking up mom to go mall walking and to the dollar store so she could pick up b-day cards for her grands, got her back home and off to my attorney appt...and the attorney was on an impromptu phone call with a client. Waited 10, 20 minutes. Her secretary kept going into her office to prompt her to get off the phone, to no avail. After 25 minutes, I rescheduled for Monday and left. I immediately decided that she would not be a good match for me, based on that...but she sent a very apologetic email after. Should I keep the appt.? Drop her? Please advise, my friends.

Comment

Hi Fen.....i try to give people the benefit of the doubt, especially
                If she apologized. Trust your gut, though, as far as whether she would be a good fit. Maybe give her a second chance? Definitely tell her you did NOT appreciate the delay as YOUR time is valuable, too!

At the Airport now, just lawaiting my flight home. I hope everyone is doing well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                  Hi Fen.....i try to give people the benefit of the doubt, especially
                  If she apologized. Trust your gut, though, as far as whether she would be a good fit. Maybe give her a second chance? Definitely tell her you did NOT appreciate the delay as YOUR time is valuable, too!

At the Airport now, just lawaiting my flight home. I hope everyone is doing well.
                  Yeah, she sent the email immediately after she got off the phone, I'm sure. I was still on the west side of town. I will keep my appt. with her.

Comment

I think you give her a second chance too. We had this guy at work yesterday waiting for an interview, and he freaked us all out. He was acting really strange, but my boss was buried. Just my two cents worth.
                    I have not heard back from my interview dude, so maybe I scared him off and I think I am grateful. I would feel so guilty leaving right now.
                    Dottie - wish I had some action on the the Dude-life. I know you miss and adore your hubs, but I am bored to tears. Hubs DID cook dinner, so I guess I better not fuss too much!
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Originally posted by mama bear View Post
                      I think you give her a second chance too. We had this guy at work yesterday waiting for an interview, and he freaked us all out. He was acting really strange, but my boss was buried. Just my two cents worth.
                      I have not heard back from my interview dude, so maybe I scared him off and I think I am grateful. I would feel so guilty leaving right now.
                      Dottie - wish I had some action on the the Dude-life. I know you miss and adore your hubs, but I am bored to tears. Hubs DID cook dinner, so I guess I better not fuss too much!
                      Mama, perhaps you should put on something slinky and lure hubs into the boudoir?

As for interviewing, I don't blame you. Sounds like you are in a very high stress position right now. Why do you think you scared the interviewer off?

Comment

Nora, is there a DVD player in the blankie fort? I have "My Fair Lady" in my hot little paws!

Comment

Yes!!! I haven't seen My Fair Lady in years. Bring it over. I've got watermelon for snacking and pop popcorn
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi gang,
                            Still A/C on here in Central Florida :thumbsup:
                            FT
                            AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                            As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Hey FT - yep, still warm here in California too!

Fen - I would give the attorney a chance since she immediately apologized. Go with your gut. :hug:

Mama - do you enjoy your current job? You mentioned you would feel guilty if you left. As I tell myself, it is only a job.

I think it was Fen that asked me about changing jobs. I have put a lot of thought to this and had actually started looking and working on my resume. With everything going on right now, I have decided that it is not a good time. And I feel good with that decision. Things might be different in a few months but right now, it would be too much. I complain about work but I am getting much better about letting it roll off my back. Go to work, do my job to the best of my ability and when the work day is over, put it out of my head until the next day.
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                              X