No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time - October 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

x-post Fen. How you feeling?????????????
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Rusty, geez...it sounds like you get all dolled up! I think I have tried mascara maybe twice in my life. As for nails, I'm a nail biter. I'm trying to "femme" myself up a bit. Nobody ever taught me how to "do" make-up. I never felt much like a girl, anyway. Anyway, kudos for you for standing up for your principles.

Pauly, I wondered if your mom was in town. How long did she stay? :heartbeat:

Thinking of you, Mama.

Nora, you are amazing!

I got up this morning and decided to take myself out to breakfast at an actual cafe, not just a coffee shop. I have never done this by myself. Too self conscious. I went to a small but popular mom and pop place near here that is always busy at the weekend. I hated taking up a four-top table by myself, but all the single seats at the breakfast counter were taken up. I ordered my eggs and toast and everything was fine. I felt weird about dining alone a little bit, but I have to do it once in a while. I think I'll be single for quite a while. I tipped the waitress very well (she was extremely attentive and my coffee was refilled repeatedly) to prove that not all women are bad tippers, lol. I feel sorry for breakfast wait staff, because the checks are so small, hence the tips are small.

I went to mom's place to rake leaves. The weather was great and I know she gets nervous when the leaves start collecting on the lawn.
      Turns out my baby sis (50!) was there and she helped me rake. My shoulder didn't hurt at all and we got the job done in good time, considering the size of the lot (big).
      Then, I went to Half-price books, but didn't find anything I couldn't live without. I went to Michael's, too, with the same result. Picked up some groceries and came home.

Yesterday, I picked up a decorative shelf from my sponsor's garage sale...it was just the ticket for my humble room in my friend's basement. When I get my own place, I will use it for plants.

Sister wife Barb returned from her folk's place up north today...I'd done my due diligence on the deck and all was tidy, with bird feeders and baths filled and cleaned.

All in all, a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
        Cowboy - you are so right - we never give up. Nobody has given up on me yet either.

Pauly - thank you for checking in. :hug: I'm so glad that you had fun. You needed it. You have been so stressed out.

Rusty - thanks for clearing that up regarding your clients. I kept wondering how many times you went into a place and couldn't have the gel nails or eyelash extensions. What a pain. LOL Have fun at the birthday party.

Mama - did you have fun at date night last night?

Fen - how are you feeling? I hope someone is bringing you some chicken soup (or veggie).

Dots - seriously, Jon must let you check in. We are living vicariously thru you anyway so we need details. ROTFL

Have a great day all. I worked for a few hours and am now home still cleaning out cabinets, etc. I'm beginning to get really anxious regarding son's court date. Sigh.........he was supposed to have 2 meetings a week since the postponement and by the time the lawyer told him (and I'm sure procrastination on DS's part) that he is going to the AA daily to get meetings in. He has to have this for house arrest. So between that and fretting about my Mom, I'm stressing. But, I am just repeating over & over to myself:
        let it go -
        I have no control over this -
        what will be will be -
        take care of yourself so you can take care of others -
        enjoy the day -
        breath -
        laugh -
        love -
        Oh, Nora...I hear you. I always say the serenity prayer during times like this, or call a person in the program to talk me off the ledge.
        Last edited by fennel; October 25, 2015, 05:03 PM. Reason: I don't want peeps to think I'm trying to push A.A.

Comment

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
          x-post Fen. How you feeling?????????????
          Now I'm thinking I don't really have a cold...or, if I do, it's mild. Maybe this is just another flare-up of allergies.

Comment

Hey Fen - sorry I missed you. Glad it wasn't a cold. Great job on going into the cafe! Really great. I'm so glad that your sis helped you out. I'm hoping that she'll step up more when you start working.

Well - really feels good to be going thru things and getting rid of. My gosh, we are hoarders. Ridiculous what we stick away. LOL Going to be working a lot in the next week. Have to get a lot done before I take off. Normally, when I get back from a vacation, I can work overtime no problem. This time, I'm going to have to work 8 hours and get home to Mom.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

PS - Thank you for all the congratulations and for all the support. :hug:
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey all,Mondayitis today tired of it being so dark in the morning, makes it hard to get going,poor Kell had to go to quick care yesterday cuz she was having bad anxiety, poor kid I guess they get it from me,all the girls get it hope everyone has a wonderful day, back later
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

That sucks, Pauly. What did they do for Kell?

Comment

I feel like griping. I'm getting tired of living here. It's been five months of living mostly in one small room with most of my stuff at my old house. In the morning, I tend to wait for my roomies to finish what they're doing in the kitchen because we all just get in each other's way. I guess the good thing is that it makes me want the divorce to be over with, so I can focus on a new place.

Comment

Prescribed Zoloft Fen,which she won't take cuz she seen how nuts it made me,I told her everyone is different though,she also needs to make an appointment with a gyno cuz her period has lasted 2 weeks this month, were wondering if there's a correlation, who knows
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Yes, everybody is different...she should at least give it a try. SSRIs are good for anxiety and depression. Yikes about the period lasting that long.

Comment

Hi all. It's a dark Monday here today. My mood has been anxious and depressed so I started taking Gaba again, along with B6 which is necessary for it's efficacy. A little better today.
                          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

after working 15 hours this weekend, I was fired this morning. And while driving home sobbing on the phone to hubs, my left rear tire blew put and scared the shit out of me.
                            I am home and I am crying and livid.
                            I have no idea why I got fired. I think the boss and I are polar opposites personality-wise and I am not good at ass kissing and he didn't like it.
                            After I calm down, I will get myself together. Hub actually thinks its a good thing.....
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Fen - I'm sure you are tired of living in one room. What can you do to go about starting to get your own place now? Do you have to wait to finalize the divorce. It really doesn't seem fair for you to be put out of your home. Just like SK - you both are having to deal with that and it just doesn't seem fair.

Pauly - I hope that your daughter will go back to the Doctor and get something else if she won't take the Zoloft. I take Lexapro and it does help me.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day today.
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Oh my gosh Mama. I am so, so sorry. :hug: :hug:
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X