No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time - October 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Rusty - hope you have a great time with your nephew and family. How great that he was given that award.
    Are there certain states that are your area? Just wondering if you cover anywhere in the US or just a certain area.
    Thanks for agreeing that I'm doing the right thing right now with not looking for another job. I am comfortable with my decision. I don't need to add any pressure to myself.
    Are you staying in Virginia all week? I was born in West Virginia. :thumbsup:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

sunbird2 PM me if you need to talk. I lost my husband in February.
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Evening all,
        New guy and I spent 5 hours together. He is a widower and very nice looking. We talked and walked and walked and talked. Going to see him again tomorrow. He has real potential at this point but it was just the first date....but there was a spark for sure and I think it was a spark for each of us....hhhhmmmm
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Mama,Have fun on date night. That is so sweet, you do it every weekend. How did the hair turn out? I'm going on Thursday.
          Fen, any hiking today?
          Nora, do you ever go back to West Virginia. Any family still there. How the heck did you end up out west?
          Did a ton of baking today. Apple dumplings and banana bread. The roof guy came and so far I think he is the one we will use. One more estimate on Monday. Not much else new around here. Hope you all had a good Saturday.

Comment

Saw this on Facebook and just love it!

AF - 7-27-15

Comment

You all made me laugh with the one beer! I agree, why bother. That's why we are here and I'm glad we can laugh about it.

Comment

Oh Liz - we might as well instead of crying. :hanging:

We moved out here to California when I was about 18 months old. So, this is where I call home. My brother was sickly and the Dr's thought a warmer environment would help. Also, my Dad had visited out here when he was in the service. So, here we came. My Aunt & Uncle had already moved out. The found two houses side by side and they bought one and my parents bought the other. My parents lived there until the moved to Oregon about 17 years ago.
                We used to go back to West Virgina every other summer though. Visit grandparents and all the cousins would come. Great fun. It would take us 3 days on the train to get back there.
                I have some cousins that live back there. But, I haven't been back there for years & years.

And there is my story. LOL
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey all,Happy Sunday will post properly later
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Afternoon all
                    Off to train club meeting then meeting Jon.
                    Today is beautiful out!!!
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hey, we have a little rain. Hopefully we'll get more. I've been down today. No reason. So, right now I'm getting a pedicure and manicure and then I'm going to go get threaded.
                      I'll check in when I get home.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I'm back. Did you miss me?!?! :hahaha:
                        Glad to have the eyebrows & lip taken care of. I don't know why getting so hairy has to be part of menopause! Or is just me that has this problem?

What is everybody up to today? I should have been doing a ton of stuff around here today but I haven't done anything except one load of laundry. So, I'm about to get up and do something. Moving around will help me feel better anyway. Good to keep busy.

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful day. I think that our rain might be over already.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I don't have runaway eyebrows, but I'm definitely getting whiskies that I must pluck on a nightly basis. :egad: I guess I could let it go like the lady in my AA meeting, but I don't want to look like Scooby-doo!

Non-stop action today. I went out shopping and got another pair of those Eddie Bauer jeans that actually make me look borderline hot. Then, Sears for a vacuum cleaner belt so I could fix my sister wive's vacuum. Went to Barnes and Noble and got an awesome bargain book (Healthy one pot meals) for half off, so I only paid 5 bucks for it. Went yarn shopping, grocery shopping, stopped at mom's, came home and fixed the vacuum and cleaned the guest room.

Due to a scheduling faux-pas, both Alice's folks AND a friend of Barb's will be visiting at the same time this week...and I am taking up lucrative real estate in the basement. B and A are going to give the folks their master bed and bath...friend will get the guest room (which I meticulously cleaned), B and A will stay in B's bedroom. I felt like the least I could do was clean up the guest room. Poor friend will have to sleep on an air mattress.

I am going to make spicy chicken soup, courtesy of my new book. Chicken, green beans, chick peas, cumin, garlic, cloves, onions, broth, coriander, tomatoes and fresh cilantro.

I was going to take a fall colors guided hike at the Arboretum, but I was too busy running around. Maybe next week!

Comment

Geez Fen - you've been busy! Nice of you to clean the guest room. That fall colors hike sounds nice. We don't get the colors here.
                            Your soup sounds yummy (except the chicken part - LOL).
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Dang Fen,what time shall I be over for dinner? Haha,that sounds great I'm making crockpot fettuccine Alfredo, cross my fingers it turns out ok,if not we'll just eat bread sticks for dinner exercised like a fiend this morning, hubs "cooked" bacon,eggs,English muffins and pancakes, cooked in parenthesis cuz it was microwave bacon haha,did laundry,groceries, cleaned out my closet and got 2 huge bags of donation clothes,went and got coffee, seen Michelle, now kicken back!can't wait for dinner to be done, I'm hungry again, hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Well, dinner is canceled. Barb headed me off at the pass, said she doesn't want anything tomato based again. So, she's going to have to fend for herself tonight. I have leftovers in the fridge. Fettuccine Alfredo sounds great, Pauly.

Nora, that would be the one thing I don't like about CA...I love the change of seasons like we get here.

Sigh. I think I need to find my own place soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X