One Step at a Time - October 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dottie - I'm so glad you are happy!

SK - How scary! How are you feeling today? You are probably so sore.

Fen - I am so sorry friend. I can't believe that Mrs Fen is in a hurry to date. Only 4 months?!? Oh Fen - :hug:
    What did the lawyer say? Does she think that you are going to be covered?
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Just a quick check in for me. I have a hula hoop class with hubby tonight. Not really feeling it, but maybe once I get there I will.
      My mom called me at work today. Her sister, my aunt passed away. I have not seen her recently, but we did write letters and send pictures. Went to visit her several years ago with Erin. ( she lives in Germany). Mom was very close with her. So needless to say I'm heart broken for mom.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizann View Post
        Just a quick check in for me. I have a hula hoop class with hubby tonight. Not really feeling it, but maybe once I get there I will.
        My mom called me at work today. Her sister, my aunt passed away. I have not seen her recently, but we did write letters and send pictures. Went to visit her several years ago with Erin. ( she lives in Germany). Mom was very close with her. So needless to say I'm heart broken for mom.
        I'm so sorry, Liz. My mom cried and cried last Christmas- the first one without her one remaining sister. It's tough to see them hurting. Had your aunt been ill? Is your mom from Germany? I'm just so sorry. : (

Comment

Lizz, I'm so sorry.
          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Liz - I m sorry too. Hubs spent 4 hours in the ER while they gave Nana "enough Valium for a horse"
            My heart is breaking and I and I am going to bed
            Yes.....we may make it with the house of we go without a lot...this the house the boys grew up in, but right now our focus is on Nana.....I talked to her at the ER today and she was wailing like a dying animal.....I am crying now.....night....I am sober and will be fine.....
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Mama - I am so sorry. Have you been able to talk to her Doctor about her medications? How long has this been going on? :hug:

Liz - have fun hula hooping. I can't do it anymore. I tried a few years ago with those weighted hoops. All I got were bruises all over my stomach and on down. :harhar:
              I am sorry about your Aunt. :hug:

Fen - how are you doing?

Pauly - you are sounding good.

I hope that everyone is hanging in there. Lots of sadness.........
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

What will the hula hoop class be like? Will it be hula hoop tricks? Or just plain keeping it rotating on your waist? I have never heard of a class for that.

I woke up aching from head to toe. I have been helping my sister wives to clean for the guests...I dusted beneath their CA king bed and all of their dressers and nightstands yesterday. There weren't dust bunnies under there, there were dust RHINOS! I got all of the cob webs and rhinos cleaned up and washed the floors, vacuumed the rug. I washed all of the dressers and nightstands, as they were grimy. Not making this up. I made the mistake of vacuuming one set of blinds...and they looked dirty, so I took a paper towel with glass cleaner and wiped off a couple of the vinyl slats. Well, good going, me. Each slat was coated with greasy grime and dust. Once you start cleaning that mess, you have to finish, or the blinds will look awful! I cleaned half of one set last night, finished it today. Left the other set, LOL! I think all of the reaching beneath stuff and above me is what made me ache so much. I am not used to physical labor because of my shoulder injury. It's time for me to start buffing up again.

Today, I dusted all the furniture in the living room, vacuumed the couch and cushions, chairs, carpet...vacuumed beneath the furniture and washed the floors with Murphy's oil soap, even beneath the furniture. I washed down all of the wood work and the place looks and smells fantastic. I also cleaned the tub and shower today, as B hates that job. Cleaned my room, too. I had a moment of panic because I couldn't locate my joint petition papers to take to the attorney tomorrow. Having all my stuff in one small room is a recipe for clusterfuxation. I did finally discover them wedged in with all my foodie magazines.

Comment

Mama, if Nana is already over medicated, why on earth would she be given that much valium? Someone needs to do an evaluation of her meds! I'm so sorry this is happening.

Comment

Dottie, did Jon need stents or something? I am glad he is active and that you may run together.

Comment

Yes, lots of sadness here. Yes fen my parents are both from Germany, born and raised. My oldest sister was born there and then she and my parents came to the US before my twin and I were born. No she was not sick, really. Mom spoke with her early last week and she said she just wasn't feeling right, mom called again the end of the week and she said she was feeling better. So it was quick.
                      The hula hooping class was a blast! We learned a lot of different exercises. Yes, Nora I do have some bruises.
                      Mama, I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I hope nanas ok..

Comment

Fen - oh my gosh! No wonder you are hurting. You must have worked non-stop. You're such a good friend.

Liz - I'm glad that the class was fun.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

fen yes he has stents but he is pretty healthy otherwise. Hubby had 6 stents so I m familiar with what all that means.
                          At this age seems that all the men have medical issues so I just have to pick and choose the lessor of the issues I guess.
                          Off to bed zzzzzzzzzzzz
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Originally posted by Dottie Belle View Post
                            fen yes he has stents but he is pretty healthy otherwise. Hubby had 6 stents so I m familiar with what all that means.
                            At this age seems that all the men have medical issues so I just have to pick and choose the lessor of the issues I guess.
                            Off to bed zzzzzzzzzzzz
                            Or go younger....:sohappy:

Comment

Going to meet sponsor numero due today before the meeting so we can work on steps. I like her, but she's really different from sponsor numero uno. Just a matter of getting to know each other, I think.

I am going to call a career counselor from Dane County Jobs and set up an appt. After the meeting, I am going to the west side of town to drop off the retainer fee at my attorney's office. Sigh. SKendall, this part is just so hard. I never dreamed how emotionally draining it would be to sit in an attorney's office and hash over stuff. I apologized for crying, but she says everybody does, LOL.

Any activity that would leave bruising on my body would not be considered "fun" by me, Liz! I'm glad you and hubs had such a good time. It's fun to do activities or classes together. Unless it's learning to canoe together. Been there.

Comment

Nora, how is the painting and other prep work going? How are you doing? I hope all is going well.

Comment

Working...
                                X