X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
    Hello everyone. Wanted to check in.

Pauly - hope you are doing better.

Glad that it's Friday. Have an appointment with my therapist tomorrow morning. I think I need it. I've been going to see her for years. So stupid but it does help me to be able to talk to her. I see her once every 6 weeks or couple of months. Lately it has been monthly. Oh well - whatever works, right?

Went to the Dr yesterday and she did blood work - checking magnesium, potassium, B, sugar, etc. Also talked about a vascular scan. We shall see.

Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL day. xx
    I think the blood work is a good idea, as well as the vascular scan, Nora. I really hope you can get to the bottom of that leg pain.

I'm all for the therapist...and yes, whatever it takes!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
      Hey all,Nora,are you getting rain in your area?on the news it is flooding in spots in CA,rainy here too,I'm detoxing and have the sweats so I'll post more tomorrow, I love you all and thank you guys for being here gonna peruse the tool box and try and find some new plan ideas
      The tool box is a good idea. I'm wondering if you can talk to your doc about your pms symptoms. There might be a med or hormones that can alleviate the stress or whatever you experience with your pms. I only ever had physical symptoms with mine, so I don't know what the mood stuff is like. It must really suck!

We're all here for you, Pauly.

Comment

Fenny - I know you pretty well and I am broken for you. Lots of love to you dear friend.
        Good job on the doctor Nora...it's important as we age.
        Lizz- I am watching "American Horror Story" on Netflix. It's kind of stupid but I have watched every season. I love horror movies.
        I am in the room early and catching up on some admin stuff. I fly home tomorrow!! YAY!
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Fen, what is bibimbap? Never heard of it. I am an introvert too so I understand how you feel. It is not easy for me to seek out situations and meet people. Honestly here on this site, you are very sweet, funny and smart. Can't imagine people not liking you.
          Nora, hope you get some answers with the legs. I used to see a therapist, but honestly, the one I really liked I could not afford. The last one I saw blamed everything on my mom and my upbringing and said I need to forgive my mom. I never went back, my mother is a saint, for crying out loud! I was so upset
          Mama, do you order room service, or eat out? When is your next trip?
          Dottie, good for you and Jon. Glad you are having a good time with him and enjoying his attentiveness, sometimes it just clicks.
          Pauly, you're sounding much better today, outside of the sweating. For as bad as that is, I find it cleansing. My body is trying to rid itself of the poison.
          Skendall and rusty, what were you up to today?
          I came home from work sick. Caught Marks cold and I'm coughing my head off. My boss was reluctant to let me leave, one hour early! Really? I'm never out sick, or ask to leave early. Maybe she's upset because no one made a big deal out of bosses day today.

Comment

Originally posted by mama bear View Post
            Fenny - I know you pretty well and I am broken for you. Lots of love to you dear friend.
            Good job on the doctor Nora...it's important as we age.
            Lizz- I am watching "American Horror Story" on Netflix. It's kind of stupid but I have watched every season. I love horror movies.
            I am in the room early and catching up on some admin stuff. I fly home tomorrow!! YAY!
            Thank you, mama...I'm feeling stronger, now. I know I will be okay.

Geez, what is American Horror Story? I am so out of the loop!

Comment

Liz, bibimbap is a Korean comfort food. It usually consists of noodles and vegetables in a broth, with a soft cooked egg in there somewhere. I like mine very hot, which Korean food is rather famous for.

I do feel that people like me when they meet me...it's just the shyness that keeps me from getting myself out there. Especially when alcohol is removed from the equation. Still, I know that if I just keep making myself get out and talk to people, I will do just fine without alcohol. This has been a lifelong struggle of mine.

I wish that we could all magically morph ourselves to be geographically closer together...I could hike with all of you this weekend!

Comment

Here is a recipe...in my case, the rice was a crispy brick of fried rice that was really amazing.
                Bottomless Pot of Bibimbap | The Splendid Table

Comment

Good Evening, Everyone!

The day flew by...paperwork, errands, etc. Just chillin' before working out.

Fenny-you're such a kind and giving person...I bet you will meet someone new, even if you are shy. ;-)

Skendall-what was the result of your MRI? How are you feeling?

Big hellos to everyone else. :-)

Comment

Home & kicked back in the $20.00 chair.

Hubby worked on it for a couple of hours today. Used our carpet/upholstery cleaner. Plus lots of elbow grease on a few spots. What a sweetie. :heartbeat:
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Home & kicked back in the $20.00 chair.

Hubby worked on it for a couple of hours today. Used our carpet/upholstery cleaner. Plus lots of elbow grease on a few spots. What a sweetie. :heartbeat:
                      Yes!!!

Comment

Hey Fen!! I was just reading back trying to catch up. I didn't realize that I hadn't been keeping up. Not good.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I was thinking about you today, Fennel. I don't know anything about the AA Steps. But, I was wondering how it was going. I don't know if that is something that you can talk about - in general terms, of course. Anyway, just wanted you to know if you needed to talk about it, we are here.
                          Did you try a lot of different meetings before you found ones that you were comfortable? I'm such an introvert like you that I have a hard time feeling comfortable.
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good morning my loves! Yes fen, that would be great if we were closer! They have closed two main hiking trails here, due to increase bear activity. The bears seem to not be afraid. So think I'll hike out by you today!
                            Actually, I am sick as a dog! Laryngitis. Hubby is pleased that I will we quiet today ;-)
                            Nora, the chair looks great. Gotta love a bargain!

Comment

I was thinking about you today, Fennel. I don't know anything about the AA Steps. But, I was wondering how it was going. I don't know if that is something that you can talk about - in general terms, of course. Anyway, just wanted you to know if you needed to talk about it, we are here.
                              Did you try a lot of different meetings before you found ones that you were comfortable? I'm such an introvert like you that I have a hard time feeling comfortable.
                              I'm psyching myself up for step four. Yeah, I did hit a few different meetings before I found one I like...I also am starting to hit some at different places to switch things up a bit. It's hard, as you know. The last thing I want to do is talk in front of a lot of people about personal stuff AND hold hands with them at the end of it all...but I always learn something in every meeting.

Comment

That's too bad about the trails getting closed, Liz. I've only seen bears up north, and the one I ran into on the trail was totally freaked out by me and B and took off at a gallop! I did see one rummaging through garbage cans in Cornucopia, WI and that one was clearly not afraid.

I hope you feel better soon!

Thinking about hiking at Indian lake park because it's closer, but it's sort of boring there. Sigh. I miss my old life, sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                                X