Fragmented Feeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fragmented Feeling

No doubt it is the alcohol, I too have been there. When you do get to the point of AF you will be amazed at how it feels. I had forgotten how great it is.
    bear
    What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
    ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Fragmented Feeling

got suplements. still feeling shaky out of focus and drained, but reading your supportive words is helping me combat this see saw feeling
      thank you all very much. me will some day grow up to be strong and stay away from the devil juice
      You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Fragmented Feeling

Trixie

I need to make mine brief as I'm about to shoot out the door, but just wanted to say, definitely the alcohol, and it is my belief that it not only knocks you about the following day (after the binge) but also has a cumulative effect. I've read a lot of alcohol/problem drinkers describe that feeling of going crazy, and I have felt it myself. It's soul destroying there's no doubt about it, but there is also a simple solution, and it really can be that simple.

I hope you're feeling better. You described my hangovers to a tee!

Lots of love
        Scoobs xo
        :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Fragmented Feeling

Hi Trixie,

I remember driving home one night after a huge drinking binge, feeling empty... like i had had my soul ripped out. It was at that point that i suspected something was wrong (i always knew i drank too much, but when it started having those effects, i wasn't quite sure how to handle it as i have always been emotional)...

So, i decided to do something about it, even though i ended up drinking just as much 2 nights after.

Anyway, the point is, i felt numb for a while, but now i have been alcohol free for 6 days (this is my 7th) and am starting to feel things again, feel more rational, i am able to think properly, and i even feel excited about certain things in my future...

So, yeah, alcohol is not good for our mental wellbeing. Remember, it is a central nervous system (CNS) depressent and leaks into your brain. The brain is directly connected to the CNS via the spinal chord.
          One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Fragmented Feeling

Hi Scoobs,

I agree with you re- the cumulative effect.

PS. How cute is your little tiger?!
            One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Fragmented Feeling

Bella wrote this "One day after a night of binge i spent the whole day in my bed crying, shaking, feeling like I was having a break down, totally unable to cope with anything at all. The next day i was a bit better, so started drinking again. Madness, but that is the disease i supose. "

Multiply that by 1,000 - no by 10,000 and that's most of my adult life right there.

This disease will definitely make you unable to function at times. Try to spend a few days AF and you will start feeling so much better. Pamper yourself for a few days, but don't drink.

You're gonna beat this thing. I know you will. And we're going to try to help you......

:groupluv:
              Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Fragmented Feeling

Yep. And God forbid you may be a little crazy in the head to begin with. I don't think you are though. I can tell my fellow :nutso: Just hang in there. You are loved.

Do you need anybody, I just want someone to love, yeah I get by with a little help from my frieds.

We all need friends, and friends is what you have here. Hope you get better.
                where does this go?

Comment

Fragmented Feeling

Change;149005 wrote: Hi Scoobs,
                  PS. How cute is your little tiger?!
                  Evidence! - I'm not just bias after all!

Thanks Change

PS I'm with Mags! We're here for you.
                  :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Fragmented Feeling

it was really great of you to post trix and you nailed it out to a t. that soul less and helpless feeling. the depression and the coming undone feeling. the what am i here for feeling is a good indicator to remember this. in a few days i may forget this feeling and i want to remember this so i don't pick up that bottle of wine. or for me drink those two bottles and smoke those cigs. i'm really feeling your pain and sadness and i'm feeling mine as i'm newbie too. each moment and day is new. so shakey girl i'm with ya all the way.
                    :welcome:

Comment

Working...
                    X