100 guests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 guests

Just a note for members as I am personally intrigued by this, which happens here a lot. There are currently 107 people on line on the forum. Only seven are forum members and the rest are guests.

If you are lurking why not join up and join in?

We've always had a lot of lurkers, some even become members, Lol. I too, lurked before joining. I think it takes a lot of courage for some people to take the leap, I know it did for me. It's the admitting to yourself that you have a problem.

Yup, If you're here, you're dealing with a problem. Come join us, we can help.

Comment

Maybe some of the freaky animal avatars are scaring off the lurkers! :eek-new:

Comment

Originally posted by lex View Post
        Maybe some of the freaky animal avatars are scaring off the lurkers! :eek-new:
        Lex - you made me laugh. Do you really think that Mr. V's animal is scary? :harhar:
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I've been nosing around but can't figure out where to see how many members vs lurkers there are?
          "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
          “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Idef, at the main menu of the full site, not the mobile version, down towards the bottom below the threads categories, it gives you all that info

Interesting to note that this past Nov 10th there were 472 people viewing! I'll bet no more than 25 were members!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's gotta be the animal avatars, Lex! lol

Comment

I have noticed this myself Mentium, I do find it odd. So many guests... I guess it just says there are a lot of folks battling or questioning their use of alcohol on various levels? I know when I looked for the this site I had decided I wanted to quit, but felt I could not do it by myself. I needed help, tips etc...
                (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

not to harp, but I'm still not seeing the visitors and members count. Maybe it's a setting of mine?

... it was a setting! I got it!
                  Last edited by idefineme; November 18, 2015, 09:01 PM.
                  "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
                  “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Some users do browse without actually logging in. So not all "guests" are actually guests. I rarely log in from my work computer but still browse occasionally as a guest.
                    Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

Working...
                    X