Army boot camp 30/11/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
    The place was put out for tender sometime the beginning of the year.............luckily we won it....... other D&A services were taken over by us, so it got complicated. Had a volunteer meeting 29th Sept and all the bright new jolly things we volunteers were going to do sounded fantastic..
    Anyway to cut a long story short...........the change was a lot more complicated than originally thought and I was getting highly pissed off so I e-mailed them last week and said WTF going but very politely. Someone got off their bottom and did something.:happy2:

I never really stopped just hung around waiting and 2 months is too long.
    So was there no service or a limited service for a time?
    Well done you getting the ball rolling
    How many days do you volunteer? Do you council as well as 'file'!
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Oh the full time staff were there.
      No don't counsel, I'm a sort of greeter, hugger, tea maker,biscuit bringer and putting at ease before they have their appointment person.

Just Tuesdays or days when they want me.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Oh the full time staff were there.
        No don't counsel, I'm a sort of greeter, hugger, tea maker,biscuit bringer and putting at ease before they have their appointment person.

Just Tuesdays or days when they want me.
        Its a great thing to do, lucky those who have tuesday appointments:happy2:

Comment

well done starty. its done. stamp collectors meeting is a good comparison, just what do you say to those people? they only want to talk stamps while theyre there, because thats why theyre there.

glad emailing them them gave resolution JC. sometimes it does work.

Comment

Does me the world of good.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning Rox..

Off to do a bit of work around here. Back later.

Comment

Morning Roxxy,
                Have to say I dithered about for ages. This thought of them not wanting me was getting bigger and bigger.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning all

Great going Starty it's gone now and as you say nobody died!

Jacks glad ye got things sorted with the vol place.

Good luck to all those working, that includes housework today.

I'm supposed to be left for hotel, but have a pounding headache and not gonna chance driving yet, especially as conditions out there are horrible. If it keeps like this we will get blown away tomorrow

Comment

can you remind us (me) why youre going to a hotel sweety?

Comment

Originally posted by blink View Post
                      can you remind us (me) why youre going to a hotel sweety?
                      Hey Rox

My nephew is getting christened tomorrow- I'm godmother btw! It's a good few hours from where I live, my other bro from London flies in today and is staying in this hotel- so I booked myself and Dad in too! We'll be much closer and means no early rising and no long drive in morn!

Just can't face the drive yet! But suppose best not leave it too late as this storm is showing no sign of easing.

Comment

from what i see on the forecast, its not going to ease. take care sweetpea, take your time. otherwise, its sounds lovely!

Comment

Originally posted by blink View Post
                          from what i see on the forecast, its not going to ease. take care sweetpea, take your time. otherwise, its sounds lovely!
                          Thanks Rox x I'm gonna lie in dark room for hour or so, just had some painkillers, hoping this headache will lift before I start driving.

Will hopefully get to log-on from hotel later x

Comment

Morning Roxxy,
                            Have to say I dithered about for ages. This thought of them not wanting me was getting bigger and bigger.
                            That old stinking thinking again.....

Comment

Have a fab time Sweetie. Hope your head is better xx

Comment

Afternoon gang inkele:

Comment

Working...
                                X