Army boot camp 30/11/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
    Nite Sunny, missed your earlier - sounds like you had a great night. :happy2:
    Yes, the Imperial Ice Stars are fantastic skaters, and Odette, the lead skater, also danced en pointe....on the ice!
    I can't even imagine how cold that must feel. Brrr!r
    “It always seems impossible until it's done”
    ― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom by Nelson Mandela

AF 1 July 2015

Comment

'Nite all...busy day...painted nails are gold and in tune with the decor, cake is iced and looking good....I guess I had better try to get some sleep before the party! Sleep tight, sweet dreams. xxx
      “It always seems impossible until it's done”
      ― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom by Nelson Mandela

AF 1 July 2015

Comment

Evening army the internet was acting up yesterday and this morning but hopefully ok now. got my tree today just a 3ft plug thats changes colour but its nice enough for my small livng room and its just at the double foor. got a real pine wreath yesterday in Aldi and that hanging on the front door. Did n't bother much the past couple of years but kinda getting in the xmas spirit now tho i'm not big in to holidays. got some scented and piller candle/tealights which are lighting now. Very windy here and getting some light rain with. chilly too. Going to read back to catch up.

Comment

Nighters all x

Comment

Hi guys,

Satzy I am so very sorry to hear about young satz. I can imagine the desperation you must be feeling. How are things today?

Isolation? Yep I get that totally and it is bad, very bad. However, I do believe there is a middle way (after last night that is )

Well I made it through. Stayed out until about 11, and cannot say I enjoyed it but I did it. Funny thing is I can chat to my work mates easily. I enjoy their company but put me in a situation where I have to make small talk with loud music and lots of booze and I am not very comfortable. BUT, it wasn't horrendous and at a decent time I said I was going for a wee and just kept going until I was at my car osteriors:

Comment

Morning Starty, so you were going for wee spin home then teehee.
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Morning Molly, Tabs and Starty..

Well done Starty.. that's the worst one over. You must have been delighted driving home. As Satz says, it's priceless!
                Molly, clean sheets today, thought you were talking about on your bed last night!

Well I watched the I Am documentary last night. A bit fascinating all right, I might watch it again. He also talked about isolation. Very thought provoking.
                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Thanks guys, Yes its done and no one died

Mary how did you watch that documentary Did you have to buy it?

Comment

Morning lovelies,
                    Well done, Starteroooooooooooo. :welldone: Dead pleased for you.

After my wee chat at the volunteer place yesterday I start back on Tuesday. Different building and for my sins sorting their filing system but I get to cover the front desk when the staff are on breaks...........and helping peel carrots at the big Chrimbo dinner for service users on the 18th.
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning Jax. What happened ? Did you stop the volunteering for a while?

Comment

That great JC - except for the filing bit of course! Embrace the filing!!
                        Will you have many for the dinner?

Starty - I watched it on Netflix, but the US one, so I just use a chrome extension to unblock it, (example)- its very easy, takes 5 minutes, but you will have to watch Netflix on a computer/laptop.
                        PM me if your stuck.

Comment

The place was put out for tender sometime the beginning of the year.............luckily we won it....... other D&A services were taken over by us, so it got complicated. Had a volunteer meeting 29th Sept and all the bright new jolly things we volunteers were going to do sounded fantastic..
                          Anyway to cut a long story short...........the change was a lot more complicated than originally thought and I was getting highly pissed off so I e-mailed them last week and said WTF going but very politely. Someone got off their bottom and did something.:happy2:

I never really stopped just hung around waiting and 2 months is too long.
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thanks Mary!! I will give it a go. I always watch netflix on pooter anyway

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka
                              ooohhh chrome extensions --- unblock...... DEFFO above my pay grade:congratulatory: think I'll stick to Clarity -- enjoying it -- read it INSTEAD of my proper book last night -- that's a wow!! yup achully DO have clean sheets this morn --- made yer man get up early so he could help --- pig of a job on my own -- huge shaggin bed... going to work in 5 mins -- last night was also the night I was s'posed to meet all the people from my past that I cancelled --- don't regret that... at all ---
                              As soon as I get MrM's hungover head out of the scratcher, its sheet changing here too!!
                              Department night tonight, not going. Company night next week, not going. have a few smaller things, with great expectations of getting hammered (by the group), but will be on antibiotics :happy2:
                              Enjoy work Molls, horrible out there.

Comment

Bloody organisations who are not organised JC!!

Yep no more "dos" for me this year either. The trouble with work is that they really expect you to join in EVERYTHING and it is frowned upon if you don't

Comment

Working...
                                X